Hey guys, I've run into a little dilema. I like taking pictures on the largest ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Question Looking for app to resize pictures.

Advertisement

Hey guys, I've run into a little dilema. I like taking pictures on the largest size on my 8310, but when I send them through MMS to my girlfriends Sony Ericcson, the phone says that the pictures are too large. I'm forced to take pictures at the medium size, in case I want to send one to her.

Basically I'm looking for an onboard application that will allow me to edit or resize a picture and save it as a new file, so I don't lose the original. Kind of a bummer that the curve can't already do this. Anyone have any experiences with a program like this?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Looking for app to resize pictures.

I don't think they have any apps for the Berry for this, only free thing I can think of is on the newest Desktop Manager for the PC and that's Roxio.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

It's a good idea to have a program to resize the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I don't think they have any apps for the Berry for this, only free thing I can think of is on the newest Desktop Manager for the PC and that's Roxio.
    Almost any photo editing app can resize pictures, even the Paint program. I'm just looking for something to be used on the go, you know?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Almost any photo editing app can resize pictures, even the Paint program. I'm just looking for something to be used on the go, you know?
    The BB forces you to make the pictures smaller? That's strange. I do know that when I take a pic and send it to someone I will get a warning about the file MAY be too large, but it sends it anyway. Is that what you are seeing? This is when sending a pic as an email. I don't know about sending as an MMS. There may be a file size limitiation using MMS.

Last edited by DCookSta; 02-28-2008 at 10:34 AM.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Not sure what the Size limit is by carrier, I know there is one. But also the phone reciving may have a size limit of what it will display. You can reset the Camera to take Pics in a smaller size. that would help. And crackberry.com has a great resizing page for wall papers i use all the time. But again there is a PC involved.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a limitation on what MMS can send and receive. I have not run into this limitation though. I just sent a picture I took on my BB to my Verizon phone, we'll see what happens when I get the message tomorrow. Yes, it takes that long.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It doesn't say that it needs to be resized, but I know it does it automatically for MMS. The quality when my friend gets the picture is WAY toned down.

It's really just my girlfriends phone, she can receive medium sized pictures but not large ones. Which confuses me, because I figured the quality would already be automatically lowered. It's HER phone that's the problem, which is why I need a program to resize pictures on my end so she can receive them.

At this point it looks like I may just have to settle with taking medium sized pictures though.