Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, are there any good media players available that is better than the one that ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

Looking for a good media player

Advertisement

Hi, are there any good media players available that is better than the one that came with my 8300? I am mainly interested in music and pictures.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Looking for a good media player

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks for the link ani. Have you tried this application? What do you think?

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Just installed it. It works pretty good on the 8300, and lets you record voice notes, edit text files, and do full file management. The media player is 'ok', does support playlists, but lacking support for standard BB buttons (volume is q and p instead of side volume buttons). Maybe if they eventually come out with an 8300 specific version they can address this. Will keep playing with it.

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Feel free to try the Dollars5 mediaPlayer from the following links:
    OTA: http://www.dollars5.com/OTA/mediaPlayer.jad
    ZIP: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.zip
    COD: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.cod
    ALX: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.alx

Regarding the volume controls - we are working with RIM to enable it - though the title does not read it - 8300 is officially supported.

honeybeau no está en línea Stack level 2

is this application free?

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by honeybeau
    is this application free?
    The application is in beta... and I d/l it OTA for free. The release version is going to be <> $20, I think I saw.

I just downloaded it, late this afternoon, and had only one issue with it --Uncaught Exception-- and it only happened ONE TIME. I have no idea what that means, in the long haul. Anything can happen, I'm certain, since I have restored the OS several times in the last month, given the beta stuff I have tried (including MFPlayer/Radiobee, MyAlarms, et. al.).

This media player beats both MFP & RB by the proverbial mile, on my Pearl. I have found that it accepts --and plays, very well-- many shoutcast streams.

As a former beta tester for a software publisher, and a one time software reviewer, I'll let you know, next week, if I still like it. lol
    Last edited by Yogich; 06-30-2007 at 12:23 AM.
    ...Yogich

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded this program for my pearl and found one major flaw so far...i was watching a video then the screen went dim as it normally does (sleep?) but as soon as i pressed a key to bring it back up i got funky discoloration on the screen on top and bottom of video (although the video was still playing fine). I couldn't do anything to stop the video...no keys had any response to them...I couldn't even turn the phone off. After letting it sleep again bringing it back on a few more times the phone finally restarted itself. I did have the video set to full screen (which i was looking for a media player to do). Looks like it would be a decent media player with a lot of settings if it worked correctly.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Well... I'm back. Let me just say that dollar5's mediaplayer worked sufficiently better than the others I've tried that I payed the bux for the license.

As for your problem, VeryBerry... I didn't have the problem with the screen since the mediaplayer never did play a vid for me. It always came back with the codec being unsupported, or something close to that. Go figure. I use it for streaming audio, not video, but it would be nice if the vid worked, obviously.
    Last edited by Yogich; 07-07-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    ...Yogich

joemofovolta no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EC6E02

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where can I get the validation key for dollars 5 comolete media player?

joemofovolta no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EC6E02

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where can I get the validation key for dollars 5 complete media player?

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a good media player

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    I downloaded this program for my pearl and found one major flaw so far...i was watching a video then the screen went dim as it normally does (sleep?) but as soon as i pressed a key to bring it back up i got funky discoloration on the screen on top and bottom of video (although the video was still playing fine). I couldn't do anything to stop the video...no keys had any response to them...I couldn't even turn the phone off. After letting it sleep again bringing it back on a few more times the phone finally restarted itself. I did have the video set to full screen (which i was looking for a media player to do). Looks like it would be a decent media player with a lot of settings if it worked correctly.
    Sorry for what you experienced - actually we have a mechanism that prevents such screen dimming during video - that requires you to accept the security dialogs while first launching the application, in case you missed it, try the following trouble shooting steps.

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> mediaPlayer -> Menu -> edit permissions -> set "Allow" to all (connections, interactions, userdata) - this will manage the system properly.

@Yogich: Thanks for the kind words of appreciation, should you have any suggestions to improve, do let us know,we would love to implement them for you. Btw: thanks for sharin stations - I have updated the thread at our support forum to include your links (unfortunately they were not posted as the system thought them as spam - sorry - make few posts, you will gain acess to post urls - incase you wish to share more )

@joemofovolta: Dollars 5 mediaPlayer is free to trial for 1 week, if you wish to use after that - it cost USD 19.99 and can be purchased from http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

this application is good or i may say ok but should be made more quality rich featured app

Arrow Re: Looking for a good media player

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    this application is good or i may say ok but should be made more quality rich featured app
    Thanks for the kind words of appreciation. Should you have any suggestion or looking forward for some features, feel free to let us know, we would be happy to implement them for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast