Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i need somone on a older bb to try it like the 8100 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i need somone on a older bb to try it like the 8100 and such

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Great Find. Works here on my 8100 pearl.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I found a way to unlock the files when you connect it to your PC, and its pretty simple to. But i havent found a way to on the blackberry yet

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    You rename it, and just take the .lck off... I am pretty sure thats all you have to do :\ lol

Shimmy

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3
    So if all it does is to rename the file with a new extension than what exactly does it lock/protect?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    @ixtab: Because your BB only displays files with .jpg, .bmg, .png etc (picture extensions) so if it displays your file as an unknown extension it won't show it unless you go to explore for it.

Shimmy

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Im having erratic results locking folders on my 8130. Are there any hints as to how this best works?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Open the app, find the image or folder you want to lock, hit menu, Lock..that's it

by the way, this works great on my Pearl 8100 v4.2.1.96

PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to unlock it without the program just delete the .lck on the extension.

Shimmy

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Open the app, find the image or folder you want to lock, hit menu, Lock..that's it

by the way, this works great on my Pearl 8100 v4.2.1.96
    Doesnt work on my 8130, 4.3. whatsits. It'll lock indivudal files, but not folders

It will lock folders under SD/Blackberry/Pixtures etc., but not SD/My Documents/Pictures or /Videos. My Documents is protected?

Every time I go o up or down a page in the file tree I get a permission screen. A pain when navigationg. Is there a setting to change that somewhere?
    I do find the folder lock to be erratic. When do get a lock folder, I get the persmission screen for each file in the folder. Now thats a real pain when folder has a lot of files.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You can only unlock the files on your bb from the PC by renaming the file. from what I can find atleast, so if your phone isnt connected to the PC you will be protected. And I know people are gonna complain and say its stupid! well my advice to you is make your own app. good luck! I like this app alot and it does the job for me.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Ok. I downloaded it and used it. Works great. Using a 8100. Anyway. I also found out that what the program basically does is attach a .lck extension to the end of the file that you want locked. Once the file has an "invalid" extension the phone is not sure what to do with it... So its "private". But if the phone is attached to a computer and the locked file is downloaded and the extension is changed then the file becomes viewable again.

Just thought that I'd share this with the folks who are locking their files thinking that now its secure. It is just not 100%.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    You can only unlock the files on your bb from the PC by renaming the file. from what I can find atleast, so if your phone isnt connected to the PC you will be protected. And I know people are gonna complain and say its stupid! well my advice to you is make your own app. good luck! I like this app alot and it does the job for me.

Yup...I like it!! works great....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast