I had live search on my curve for a while and just found out about ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

sm00th no está en línea Stack level 3

Live search vs Tellme

Advertisement

I had live search on my curve for a while and just found out about tellme and it quickly became one of my favorite apps.... now im trying to decided should i delete live search because it seem pretty useless now with tellme and gmaps

which would yall prefer over the 2?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Live search.I had those same choices a while ago. I love Tellme because of its GPS and its beautiful interface. That's my suggestion for you. I tried both and stayed with Tellme btw, be sure to get the latest version of Tellme oh and don't upgrade to 4.5 if you do like it because as you might already be aware there are wayyyyyyyy to many complaints about the unofficial carrier release of it. Meaning wait til your carrier releases theirs because I heard that Tellme's gps doesn't work on 4.5 good luck !!

Apollyon78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This may be a syupid question but how do you tell if you have the most current version of Tellme? I deleted Live Search, Tellme is way better.

sm00th no está en línea Stack level 3
    should be able to go under options>advanced>applications>tellme

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have tried both and I prefer Live Search. BTW live search does have GPS also. Go under options from the home screen and select "configure GPS" and then save it. Also I like the way you can clear your search history on live search, I haven't figured out how to do it with Tellme. I do like tellme's voice activation though but overall I have to go with live search.

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    GPS and Tellme don't really work for me on 4.5. i have to constantly refresh GPS in order for it to find me, but it eventually does find me.

i'll probably give live search a try...

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Live Search, mainly because TellMe no longer works for me at all since upgrading to 4.5. TellMe did seem to understand my voice commands considerably better than Live Search, though.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by S2K ON 2 View Post
    GPS and Tellme don't really work for me on 4.5. i have to constantly refresh GPS in order for it to find me, but it eventually does find me.

i'll probably give live search a try...
    but it does work for you i really like it but for me it keeps rebooting my phone
    i figured out why it reboots if you do not use the talk it works fine
    Last edited by iron07; 08-23-2008 at 08:55 AM.