Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all; With more and more companies offering unlimited data plans I was wondering if ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

Limewire (or similar program) on blackberry

Advertisement

Hi all;
    With more and more companies offering unlimited data plans I was wondering if it was possible (or if it already existed) to create a program that allows you to search p2p networks from your bb and download songs directly to your memory card. Any thoughts on the matter?

Cheers.
    - Adam

drmoze no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Limewire (or similar program) on blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by adam.sn View Post
    Hi all;
    With more and more companies offering unlimited data plans I was wondering if it was possible (or if it already existed) to create a program that allows you to search p2p networks from your bb and download songs directly to your memory card. Any thoughts on the matter?

Cheers.
    - Adam
    Are you referring to not-quite-legal p2p downloads, or...?

PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

A hammer is a tool. A hammer is used to pull down drywall, nail things together and build homes. However a hammer can also be used as a weapon. You could easily kill a person with a hammer. It's not the hammers fault if it ends up being the object in question in a murder trial, it is the person. Hammers don't kill people, people kill people

It's the same thing with p2p downloading, it's based on the morals of the person, not the software. There are completely legal media files on p2p networks and it's up to the individual user to make the moral judgement.

Cheers.
    -Adam

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use limewire every day. But I don't sell it..I use it to get music just for myself, and I like it. How is p2p illegal? And I wish I could do it from my BB and cut out the puter, so when someone funds out how...pin me!

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

P2p itself is not illegal. It depends on the file being downloaded.

It is illegal to download certain music because if one person buys a CD and decides to share it on LimeWire. Then people can download the media and not worry about buying the CD. Now imagine that with 300 million active music listeners. If they all decide to not buy music, record companies will go out of buisness.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by takadante View Post
    record companies will go out of buisness.
    not to mention the memory and performance of blackberry with a 'P2P' programs.

lord knows they alll slow down my PC

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

p2p of ring tones would be copyright infringement since the artist that make them get paid to do it, which is why you pay 1.99 or so to get them. So in the context of this post, yes it would be illegal downloading. If they were free they would be avilable on the BB home page on your BB browser or a similar site.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    How is p2p illegal?
    copyright infringement, and the RIA is getting very good at tracking the stuff even on p2p and torrents. They have gone as far as posting music themselves to track who is downloading it.

PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok but this post isn't about the legalities of it all. Its a question to see if software like this exists. Can we please keep on topic. Thank you

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

We are staying on topic.

There are currently NO P2P applications for the BB or any mobile phone.

There probabley never will be a P2P application because vendors know that most people will use it for infringement, just as it is with desktop software.

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5

That's a good idea guys P2P ringtones let me see if I can program something cuz sounds nice!!!!

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5

No way hell no!!! Thanks google, its true exist p2p music sharing the name of the program is "nutsie" and the website is nutsie.com/client
    I haven't tried but sounds good

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use limewire every day. But I don't sell it..I use it to get music just for myself, and I like it. How is p2p illegal?...
    that is why it's become targeted with lawsuits, just what you said - you download music. Doesn't matter if you buy it and upload, or you download it for your self, or download and sell it. It's all still copyright infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.sn View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok but this post isn't about the legalities of it all. Its a question to see if software like this exists. Can we please keep on topic. Thank you
    they did stay on topic and answer your question. No it's not available, and just wanting it is questionable. If you need to send large files then you won't be doing it on a BlackBerry anyway. If it's small, legit, files then you would email them (documents, ringtones that you paid for etc). Sorry other than stealing music I do not see any reason for you to want it on your BlackBerry. Anything work-wise is small enough to email, or too large for the BB to handle downloading (since 2.9mb took me on EVDO a few minutes to download, I would dread doing such on EDGE - then there is limited memory and don't think you can just tell it to save to memory card).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Michspirit99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2479F912

How is advertising NuTsie advertising illegal downloading? That makes little sense. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kfischer009 no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree wouldn't it slow our BBs down way to much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast