Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe someone can answer this question. I'm sure you all know how addicting it could ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

LED indicator for email

Advertisement

Maybe someone can answer this question. I'm sure you all know how addicting it could be to check for that blinking red light throughout the day. Well I've noticed that when I receive a new email the red light starts blinking. After about 1/2 hour, the light goes back to flashing green even though I've never checked the email. Has anyone else experienced this?

stsang no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2438CECE

Re: LED indicator for email

Happens to mine too. A bit disconcerting because sometimes mail would be sitting in my inbox for awhile not knowing there is unread mail there. I don't know what the answer is .... settings? I'd like to know too. Thanks!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes, it's the same with mine. I don't even think it flashes for 1/2 hour. Maybe it is a battery saving measure.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Anyone know why or how to make the LED flash green? Is that a warning for something?

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Anyone know why or how to make the LED flash green? Is that a warning for something?
    That's the coverage indicator In Options>Screen/Keyboard> If LED coverage Indicator is set to On it will flash green
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    It's just an indicator that you're connected to the network.

Go to Options>Screen/Keboard and you'll see an option in there to enable the indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Yes, it's the same with mine. I don't even think it flashes for 1/2 hour. Maybe it is a battery saving measure.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not sure. Red vs Green shouln't make the battery drain any quicker. Maybe someone on this board can enlighten us.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I will volunteer to test that and see how much battery power I have left after class tonight at 8 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Not sure. Red vs Green shouln't make the battery drain any quicker. Maybe someone on this board can enlighten us.
    I don't think one color drains faster than the other either, but I don't leave the coverage indicator blinking green either just to conserve battery power.

I've done a lot of searching on RIM's site, google, ask.com, other forums and the answer all seems to be the same. You will get the tone/vibrate per your profile, in case you were away from your BB at the time the message comes in, it will blink for about 15 minutes or so if you have the repeat notification turned on, after that, you'll just have to notice the little new message indicator on your screen the next time you use it.

It makes sense, if you get mail just after you go to bed and it blinks all night it would run your battery down. I would like it if we had the option to choose how long it flashes.
    Twitter? My Apps List

It makes sense, if you get mail just after you go to bed and it blinks all night it would run your battery down. I would like it if we had the option to choose how long it flashes.
    It just seems like it should stay blinking red. Just for the simple fact that many people keep their green light blinking all day long...so there would be no difference

Maybe it is deliberate, RIM wants to ensure you are totally addicted to your BB, if you don't look at it for more than 20 minutes, you are forced to pick it up and see what you missed
    Twitter? My Apps List

Maybe it is deliberate, RIM wants to ensure you are totally addicted to your BB, if you don't look at it for more than 20 minutes, you are forced to pick it up and see what you missed
    BB Conspiracy Theories!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If your really addicted get Blackberry Alerts it's the best $13 bucks i've spent for my BB.

Allows you to assign colors to different alerts and they stay on until checked.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    If your really addicted get Blackberry Alerts it's the best $13 bucks i've spent for my BB.

Allows you to assign colors to different alerts and they stay on until checked.
    Cool. I'll have to check it out. Thanks

kosin no está en línea Stack level 2

is there any way (free will be the best) to change assigned color of the LED.
    let say I would like to have blue LED flash, not a red, when I receive sms/email. Is it possible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast