Did a quick review of what is out there and I could not find a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

RDT
    RDT no está en línea Stack level 1

Key Stroke Saver Program

Advertisement

Did a quick review of what is out there and I could not find a program that would reduce key strokes. Currently I use a program on my desktop called shortkeys and it is huge time saver. Sorry I can't post the link as I have to be level 2 in order to do this. But it is just shortkeys dot com.

What is does is allows you to set up replacement text or paragraphs for any given number of user defined keystrokes. ShortKeys monitors the keyboard activity on a global nature and anytime a user defined keystroke combination (ShortKey) is typed in, it will be replaced with the replacement text.

ShortKeys is intended for use with programs that allow text input such as a word processor, text editor, e-mail program, etc. It replaces a text string of up to 32 characters with a word, sentence, paragraph or several paragraphs, saving you valuable time by not having to manually type the text. Errors in typing can be eliminated. Simply choose a word or text string and associate it with the replacement text.

You may enter virtually an unlimited number of replacement text combinations per file. The replacement text may be up to 3000 characters in length.

To make it work, run the program and all word and replacement combinations will be active. Once ShortKeys is running, it will monitor all keyboard activity. If one of the specified words is used, it will be erased and the replacement text will be keyed in its place.

So if you type a lot of the same things over and over you will save a ton of time with this program as you can set up a macro which replaces a small keystroke combination with a large body of text of your choosing.

With the small keyboard and such I would think there is a need for this type of software. Is there one out there? I have only had my BB for a few days so if there is an obvious program out there I apologize for posting this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Key Stroke Saver Program

Great Idea, RIM has had the same thing on all the BlackBerry Devices that I have owned, since the 7290. Try going to Options/Auto Text. It does everything you are asking for. And it's real easy to use memopad to make a draft, then cut and paste it into your auto text entry. I'm not sure it has the same limitations or exactly what they are but it works just fine.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

RDT
    RDT no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you so much and taking it easy on me. I figured there was an easy solution for this. One question, can you put autotext in using the desktop manager software? I have not installed that. It would be great if you can. Based on the power of this device I assume it would be an option to do this.

Steve

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Nope you can't do that, but what you can do is use the Notes feature of one of the compatible PC PIM applications (Outlook for one) to create a single note with a bunch of the ones you want to add. Then use DM to sync it to your BB and then individually cut and paste them to the Auto Text. That will make it somewhat easier.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Key Stroke Saver Program

AutoText is one of the databases that can be manipulated using ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter. Take a look at the application -- it has a time-limited free trial.