Advertisement

Has anyone found a change log?

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    What is the program designed to do?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It puts your BB in stand by when backlight goes out. If its the program I am thinking about.

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    ^^Put your bb in standby automatically so that you don't have to press the mute button, helps save your battery time.

I can tell you that 2.0 has an option to exclude apps, so that when an app is running, like google maps, you can turn the standby option off. But, they whole thing is a bit tricky to set up, and don't pick something like phone, bbm, browser, etc. because they are always running, which means you would effectively be disabling autostandby. Learned that the hard way.

You can also set your own amount of seconds to wait after screen blanks.

YaBoiD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Was anyone able to upgrade using the link in the email they received? When I access it through the link in my email I received, its still showing the latest version is 1.5 .

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    What is the url to download this app? This is exactly what I've been looking for! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    An additional change seems to be that you can also have it lock and go to standby vs just going to standby. I haven't installed it yet but that was in the instuctions of the zip file I downloaded.

I bought mine from the store of a different site (since they take PayPal) and, like I said, haven't installed it yet, but I'm assuming it is Version 2.0 since it has instructions for 2.0 in the zip file and the ALX file says it's Version 2.0. By the way, I got the e-mail too, and it was from the shop of that site so other sites may just not have upgraded yet.

You can get it at the store of most BB sites, including Pinstack's. I can't post a link to it since I haven't posted here enough, but just click to the shop and do a search for AutoStandby.

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    Quote Originally Posted by YaBoiD View Post
    Was anyone able to upgrade using the link in the email they received? When I access it through the link in my email I received, its still showing the latest version is 1.5 .
    open the download and hit refresh.

Finally got around to installing v 2.0 and it does indeed have the option to lock, standby, or both. As cOrinne mentioned it also lets you exclude apps. It gives a list of apps that are running and lets you check ones off you want it or don't want it to exclude (the wording is weird so I wasn't clear on that and didn't play around with it either). This version also kept giving a popup screen after reboots/battery pulls that gave info about how to use the program.

A few hours later another e-mail indicated another version - 2.1. I downloaded that and noticed 3 things:

1) the exclude list no longer lists things like the browser or phone (guessing that was causing too many problems with people choosing or not choosing them).
    2) the info popup after reboots is gone.
    3) it now kicks you to the home screen when it goes to standby mode. That's a dealbreaker for me since what I liked most about it was not having to navigate back to whatever I was working on before it went went into standby. I'm downgrading back to 1.5.

How much does the app cost?

[quote=volscian;944295]How much does the app cost?quote]

$5.95

I just saw an app on another site called EasyStandby that seems to do the same thing, but has less features. It's $2.99. Haven't tried it myself so I can't say if it's any good.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post

3) it now kicks you to the home screen when it goes to standby mode. That's a dealbreaker for me since what I liked most about it was not having to navigate back to whatever I was working on before it went went into standby. I'm downgrading back to 1.5.
    The developer answered your question on another forum:
    Looks like one of my secret new features sneaked itself into 2.1 without being fully implemented . In the future, this will allow you to select for certain applications to “switch to homescreen” if it is the active window since things like media players intercept the mute keypress event, AutoStandby might not activate if you leave it up on a media player–it would only mute the sound.

At any rate, this will either be temporarily removed or an option in the next release. Thanks for your support.

I might have to pick this up and try it. First things first though, I have to get my premium membership to pinstack.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post

@RedNightHawk: This has now been resolved with the release of AutoStandby v2.2.0 (plus several additional enhancements).

AutoStandby 2.2.0 changes:
    • Fixed Homescreen switch bug
    • Added ability to allow an application to disable AutoStanby only if it's the active window
    • Added option to minimize an application on standby
    • Added "Quick Toggle" feature. Press mute key three times quickly to toggle AutoStandby on/off
    • Added ability to have the Browser and BBM disable AutoStandby if they are the active window
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-11-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Nice.

I got the e-mail that a new version had come out, but they hadn't setup the links to the updates yet when I tried to get it.

I have to say I normally steer away from single-purpose software, but this has been ultra-useful to me and really easy to use. I'm also impressed that you're going out of your way to add functionality to it when it was already a great program.