I have been a subscriber of Journal Bar for about 9 months and can't live ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

katwalk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC4113

Journal Bar 3-month FREE trial

Advertisement

I have been a subscriber of Journal Bar for about 9 months and can't live without it. It places an icon on your home screen that displays the current temperature of your "home" city. The icon is outlined in red when there is severe weather/special weather statements. Click on the icon to open the program for detailed current weather conditions, forecasts, animated radar, animated satellite, stock quotes, links, and a rss news reader. I am currently monitoring weather conditions, forecasts, radar and satellite for two cities, but you can monitor as many as 5 locations at a time.

To promote their new version 2.0, Omega One has provided current subscribers with an OTA download link for a FREE 3-month, fully functional subscription for Journal Bar that we can share with friends. This is a no strings attached, no obligation 3-month subscription for free. If you would like to learn more about Journal Bar, visit omegaone.com. If you would like to try this program free for 3 months, please drop me an email to katwalk55(at)gmail(dot)com and I will forward the email from Omega One to you with the OTA download link. Once downloaded, if you have any questions/problems, do not hesitate to contact the developers for assistance. I can vouch for the fact that customer service/support is outstanding (they helped me with a problem during the Christmas/New Year holidays - yes, the holidays!!) and very responsive to suggestions for changes or improvements to their program. This program is THE most accessed program on my Blackberry and I am thrilled to be able to share it with others. And in case you are wondering, I do not get paid for this or receive any kind of commission from Omega One -- just the pleasure of sharing a program that I love. Thank you!

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Journal Bar 3-month FREE trial

With all due respect, it is a beautiful program but I think there is a price to pay for the fancy graphics. It ran pretty slow on my 8320, compared to PocketDay Pro, which does some of the same things.

katwalk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC4113

Hi Peterme! I actually tried PocketDay Pro before Journal Bar - it is a very nice program. However Journal Bar offered more of what I was looking for. It's just a matter of personal taste I think. I have never had any problems with it running slow on my BB. Speed may depend on your carrier and even more on other programs you have running. Journal Bar will not be for everyone. That's what is so great about this extended trial period. It's more than enough time to see how it works on your BB and for you to decide whether it's worth keeping.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

They are totally different apps to me... but Journal Bar was really slow on my 8830. looked great, but ran slow. And I used it on my winmobile devices for years and loved it. The speed that was slow was not carrier specific it was a processor issue for me.... getting the data was fine and quick with evdo, but using the app took too long for me.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Email sent, Ill try it out.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

I really like this app, thks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ronrad no está en línea Stack level 1

From the developer

Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    They are totally different apps to me... but Journal Bar was really slow on my 8830. looked great, but ran slow. And I used it on my winmobile devices for years and loved it. The speed that was slow was not carrier specific it was a processor issue for me.... getting the data was fine and quick with evdo, but using the app took too long for me.
    Hi GameBoy, and the rest on this thread. I'm the principle developer for Journal Bar Blackberry. First off, thanks for the comments on the app, and the kudos Kat.

GameBoy, your comments concern me greatly. 8830 should be super quick as far as any of the activity for Journal Bar goes. I run it on my Pearl as my everyday, and the 8830 has quite a bit more processor. Also, all of the data acquisition is run quite seperately from the UI. The only thing that can cause performance issues that I've seen so far is the full size animated zoom radar.

We did quite a bit of work to make the graphics much quicker than using the standard RIM UI programming model would allow.

If you don't mind, I'd love to hear from you what specific areas were causing performance problems so that I might be able to track them down, as I don't suspect you were seeing normal activity.

By the way, I may be a fair bit slower on response for the next couple of weeks, as my wife just gave birth to twins, so I'm a little limited in my computer time

Kind Regards,
    Ron Radko
    Journal Bar for Blackberry