Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

By any chance is there an O-T-A download for the journal bar? I tried to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

Journal Bar

Advertisement

By any chance is there an O-T-A download for the journal bar? I tried to download it but it would not install correctly.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Deucedst

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Journal Bar

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ what's the journal bar?

PIN/ID
    241F2230

It's an application that has news,weather, stocks etc....I used it when I had my MDA and it was cool so I wanted to give it a try on the black berry 8700g.
    Deucedst

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ never heard of it. Are you sure it's available for the blackberry? You could yet PocketDay. Sounds like a similar program but is definetly available, well, only available for the blackberry.

belarion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2041DAED

~via BB
    Or try out bbtoday. I am currently in the process of writing v2 so would be interested in suggestions for improvement

Belarion

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

As far as I know, Journal Bar for BlackBerry is still in Beta testing. I tried it a few months ago on my 7105t and kept getting errors. I have since deleted it and am waiting for the final version.

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Berry411 won't work?
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I purchase Journal Bar on Handango last week and really like the program. What I like most about it are the (close to) real time stock quotes. Weather is good. News still needs some work as it doesn't seem to get breaking news as fast as other channels/progams.

I do not believe they have an OTA for this program. What type of error messages are you receiving deucedst?

PIN/ID
    241F2230

Hi,
    Thanks for the responses.
    libyar the response I keep getting is " journal bar icons not loaded"......
    so I will wait until it is out of the beta version. I will try pocketday, berry411 and bbtoday.
    Thanks
    Deucedst

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Deuce, I went through my application and found the following instructions. It shows two ways to load (one automatic and one manual). At the bottom it also shows an OTA link. Let me know if any of these work for you.
    Larry

Loader page for Journal Bar for BlackBerry.
    BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION, PLEASE UNINSTALL ANY OLDER VERSIONS OF JOURNAL BAR. This can be done from the "Options / Settings / Advanced / Applications" or "Tools / Options / Settings / Advanced / Applications" BlackBerry menu. Click on "Journal Bar" and select "Delete" from the menu.

To install Journal Bar to your BlackBerry, this local web page uses an ActiveX control to copy the files over. Your browser may require you to confirm that this is something you wish to do. If you see the message "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..." above, you need to allow the active content to install Journal Bar to your BlackBerry.

Firstly, make sure you have a connection between your BlackBerry and your PC, then click on the warning message above and select "Allow Blocked Content..." and click "Yes" to confirm. Finally, click "Load" below to begin installation.

If there is a problem with this automated installation, Journal Bar can also be manually installed. To do this:

Connect the BlackBerry device to you PC.
    Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Start | All Programs | BlackBerry | Desktop Manager).
    Double click on the Application Loader to start it.
    Click Next, then Add, and redirect it to the folder you installed Journal Bar to (normally the c:\Program Files\Omega One\JB-BB directory).
    Journal Bar should be selected to load. Next, in the Applications screen, check the box to indicate you wish to add Journal Bar. If you see the message "no additional applications found" - ignore it.
    Click Next and the installation should begin.
    Journal Bar should appear on the home screen, or under the applications group.

It is recommended to use this method to install Journal Bar onto the BlackBerry. Using the BlackBerry Desktop Installer is not recommended.

If you are having problems installing, point your browser to www.journalbar.com/JB/OTA/jb2.jad to install the latest version "over the air".

ronrad no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I purchase Journal Bar on Handango last week and really like the program. What I like most about it are the (close to) real time stock quotes. Weather is good. News still needs some work as it doesn't seem to get breaking news as fast as other channels/progams.

I do not believe they have an OTA for this program. What type of error messages are you receiving deucedst?
    LibYar,

I am the author of Journal Bar, so thanks for the support! We have the OTA version working, and we are in fact released for V1.

I'm currently in the process of working on v1.1, which includes much better news support, and should be out quite shortly. All current users will receive update notification automatically when that releases.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    As far as I know, Journal Bar for BlackBerry is still in Beta testing. I tried it a few months ago on my 7105t and kept getting errors. I have since deleted it and am waiting for the final version.
    Erica, I was attemtping to contact you via email to get you sorted out! Apparently not getting through. I will try a PM on here.

PIN/ID
    241F2230

thanks so much everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deucedst

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to Pinstack, ronrad. While I haven't tried you product yet, I probably will in the future. Please do keep us informed about Journal Bar.

Thanks
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the welcome! I've been playing with my BlackBerry for about a year now, definitely become addicted :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast