Not sure if I am in the right place to post this or not..If not, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Homeuser66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Jl_cmdr

Advertisement

Not sure if I am in the right place to post this or not..If not, sorry. Anywho.....I cannot install the newer version of my BB OS. I have 4.1.0.284 from T-Mobile. I downloaded the 4.1.0.386 also from T-Mobile and It won't upgrade to my BB. My question is: Should I use JL_CMDR to wipe out my phone and start all over again???? Are there issues or problems that may occur if I do this? or should I just leave well enough alone???

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Jl_cmdr

which BB do you have? your profile says 100?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    ask me

also what error are you getting? did you delete the vendor xml file then run app loader?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Ok, sorry about that...I fixed that. I did not delete that file..I will do that now...

PIN/ID
    ask me

keep us posted!
    I recommend doing a backup before just to be on the safe side

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Whare do I find this file?? I did a search on my pc, not there. Is it on my BB??? sorry, Im new to the BB...

PIN/ID
    ask me

no worries!
    after you download and install the new OS. to your PC
    go to
    c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader.
    I underlined it because that is the most common mistake. did it myself twice.DOH

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Ok, got it!! thanks, but I think this is where I went wrong before, it asks me 2 questions,

leave the system applications on the device unchanged (recomended)
    or
    Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the BB desktop software. I choose the first one...maybe I need to do the second????

I have to leave for work now....I will check back later...thanks!!!!

PIN/ID
    ask me

older version?
    double check the OS on the BB options>about
    will be the third line down
    let us know

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

BB says: v4.1.0.284 (platform 2.0.0.120) T-mobile has v4.1.0.346.......
    Thanks, but according to T-Mobile, I have the latest update. Well actually, they say they have a download for 4.1.0.346, but everytime I run it, it says I already have this and I can either modify, repair or remove the current version. My phone says otherwise, it says I have 4..1.0.284. Maybe I should remove or wipe out my BB with JL_cmdr or something....???? start fresh..???

PIN/ID
    ask me

ya got me stumped, hang out for a bit and lets see what others who peek in say.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by Homeuser66
    BB says: v4.1.0.284 (platform 2.0.0.120) T-mobile has v4.1.0.346.......
    Thanks, but according to T-Mobile, I have the latest update. Well actually, they say they have a download for 4.1.0.346, but everytime I run it, it says I already have this and I can either modify, repair or remove the current version. My phone says otherwise, it says I have 4..1.0.284. Maybe I should remove or wipe out my BB with JL_cmdr or something....???? start fresh..???
    It's saying, your PC has the handheld OS installed on it (4.1.0.346), your Blackberry has a different OS version (4.1.0.284). To update your OS on the Blackberry to match what's on the PC you need to browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml file. Then connect your BB and open the desktop manager. The manager should prompt you to upgrade your OS. If it doesn't, open the Application Manager, it should prompt you then.

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

nope, did that already, about 3 posts up.....here is what I get after doing that:

it asks me 2 questions:

leave the system applications on the device unchanged (recomended)
    or
    Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the BB desktop software.

I choose the first one...maybe I need to do the second????

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Ok, I now have v4.1.0.346 installed on my BB. Let's see if this fixes my issue...T-Mobile say's it will, that they had an issue with the old version doing exactly what mine was doing..but they couldn't explain why I couldn't unstall the newer version. I had to tell my PC to revert back and it updated to the newer one.....??????? Baffles me too.....but it worked!!!