I just upgraded to 4.5 OS on my 8120 (the lure of HTML email, etc. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

JL_Cmder with 4.5 OS?

Advertisement

I just upgraded to 4.5 OS on my 8120 (the lure of HTML email, etc. was too much for me to resist) - but I had a few things that were loaded using javaloader. When I try to reload using JL_Cmder, I get an error message about unable to open port. Is this because I'm using the 4.5 OS or is there some other reason entirely? Anyone have any idea?

I'm not sure I'm putting this question in the right place - if not, please move to correct area - thanks!

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    JL_Cmder... Plug in BB\ open JL_Cmder\Press any key to continue\It will ask if you use a password, if so enter it\select #4 wipe device\click yes\type blackberry

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't want to wipe my device, I want to reload specific games/themes using JL_Cmder. In the past it would ask for my password and then work fine. Now I never get the password request, I just get the 'unable to open port' error.... I just wondered if it was a 4.5 issue or something else.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Don't you use JL to wipe? Have u tried the 5. To load?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    you are using the -u command correct?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I actually use the method described in sticky "Ultimate Guide to Backing-up 3rd Party Apps/Games": javaloader -usb load [file name]~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by gritsinct; 07-01-2008 at 11:37 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Please someone help me!! Since I moved to 4.5 OS I can not get JL_Cmder to work. It doesn't ask me for my password and so stops there and gives me a port error. I REALLY want to backup a theme I got OTA that I love. Plus I like being able to save and load things this way and it makes me nervous when I can't do it... I've lost my security blanket!

If I can't get this to work, anyone have any other methods of saving a backup of a theme and a game that I only can get OTA?

Thanks!