Hi all, I'm trying to delete/remove an app that just won't go using Desktop Manager ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

JL_CMDER Help...

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm trying to delete/remove an app that just won't go using Desktop Manager or by deleting from applications within my 8300 OS v4.2.

I'm trying to get rid of this app using jl_cmder, i've used this before to wipe devices and screen shot too, but I can't work out how to actually go in a delete a specific .cod file.

It says to press '6' for comman line, it gives me a load of commands to issue. I get to the point i need to get to to actually enter the command but I can't seem to connect to the device in this way to actually enable me to run the correct command.

Can anyone offer me some help or maybe even a user guide?

Thanks all.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I usually delete the cod files from the OS that is installed on the PC for my BB.
    I locate the files; Programs files> Common Files> Research In Motion> 8310 4.5.0.69> Java folder> .cod files.
    This is where all the cod files are located for everything that you have on your BB...
    Try this way and after deleting the cod file connect your BB to the DM and then launch App loader and the program should be gone from the list and let it update.

Let us know if this works or not and then we can try other avenues....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks for really quick reply!!

I've checked out that path but all I see there is: apploader, BBBI Drivers, Modem Drivers, RIMDeviceManager, Shared, USB Drivers.

I don't see what you say, I did a search for javaloader, but it only found something similar for the jl_cmder app and that's about it.

What you advised though, did make total sence, I'm sure it would fix the issue...Do you have any other ideas or tips as to where to go from here?

Thanks.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    No Problem, You have to have the OS installed on your computer for your BB.
    Once installed you can delete the cod file pertaining to your application that is installed on your device.
    Download the OS for your Blackberry Handheld/ device from; http://www.blackberry.com or through your carriers website.

Go here too: Blackberry OS

Also, what OS are you running on your blackberry??
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Hi,

I know it's a while ago, but here's what happened to enable me to remove this app that just wouldn't go.

I had to restart the BES shortly after adding my last reply to this.

Then the application that wasn't appearing in 'applications' on the BB was there....and it let me delete it too! How strange, eh?!

I installed it ovet the air, so i don't understand how, by restarting the BES, gave it the kick it needed.

Do you know why this might be?

Thanks.