Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, recently (about a week ago) I purchased a copy of JiveTalk, and I love ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

JiveTalk vs Windows Live Messenger (MSN)

Advertisement

Okay, recently (about a week ago) I purchased a copy of JiveTalk, and I love it, I especially like the fact that you can customize it and have different accounts (Yahoo, AIM, Google Talk etc etc) logged on at once.

But yesterday I installed the Windows Live Messenger onto my Pearl 8100, and I really like it too, I can see all my buddy icons (could've see them with JiveTalk for some reason) and it's just simpler and works great.

My question is (for someone who's used both),
    Which do you prefer?
    Obviously JiveTalk would be the choice if you have accounts with different Instant Messengers.......but I only have MSN right now, but I am looking to create other accounts with AOL and Yahoo

thanks!!

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Well from a price perspective windoze live wins hands down. However, JiveTalk allows you to send and receive files, I don't know if windoze live will let you do that.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can NOT send and receive files. However, since it is a RIM authorized app(MSN), you get to have an onscreen reminder when you get a message. With JuveTalk, you can only set it to (popup) when you get a message...
    D-Tole

Hmmm..Well JiveTalk gives you that little red asterik when you get an IM, but I really like the fact that with JiveTalk you can customize your conversations: Bubble, PinPong, Classic, Old School etc etc.

But with RIM authorized, you can't

Hmm..I wonder if I should just keep them both, and just switch it up

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well for the longest time I was waiting for MSN messenger to be available.. And after waiting for so long I purchased JiveTalk . Now that MSN messenger is available I don't want it. I like to keep things simple.. And having all my messenger apps all in one is just that... Simple. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    no windows live for pearl 8130????? why?

catside - Try this LINK

I think I might keep both for a while...but I guess I should really keep JiveTalk, since I paid for it

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i tried that...it said"sorry,your device does not meet the requirements that are needed to support windows live messenger".

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I have Windows live on my 8130, so it should work for yours... my provider pushed the download link to my phone even...
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Didn't like much WLM. I still like better Google Talk + Transports.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Didn't like much WLM. I still like better Google Talk + Transports.
    What are transports?

I'd like to know as well......

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    With transports you can set up your MSN/AIM/ICQ/etc account in your Google Talk client (like linking one account with the other). The setup isn't quite easy but you do that once in your desktop and after that you have all your different contacts in just one client. Transport needs a server to provide the service of linking with that network and that's not an easy choice as not all support most protocol features. They all support sending and receiving messages but online notification, avatars and file sending maybe not.

It's not a solution for everyone but if you want something free, integrated and slimmed down (I didn't like IM+ nor Jivetalk interface) then you might better give it a chance.

kesmith no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A3C989
    Jivetalk has been renamed BeeJive IM due to copyright infringement....they also have a 1.0.7 current version out that let's you group chat with AIM, JABBER and it will be coming soon to MSN....

I would stay with Beejive (aka jivetalk) because of the functionality of the client progam.

For further info: click this http://www.beejive.com/support/forum....php?f=2&p=355

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Windoze live work on the 8120? or is my 4.5.0.42 OS preventing it from running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast