Has anyone compared these two programs. Is one better on the battery than the other? ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

JiveTalk vs. MSN Messenger - Battery Life?

Advertisement

Has anyone compared these two programs. Is one better on the battery than the other?

Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

calyx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e17df5
    JiveTalk is going to consume more battery than any of the IM clients released by RIM, but it's still an awesome IM client. Tried it out for a month, and paid $30 as soon as my trial ran out for the full version.

I do turn it off when I'm at home and have digsby up or something to conserve power.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    JiveTalk is going to consume more battery than any of the IM clients released by RIM, but it's still an awesome IM client. Tried it out for a month, and paid $30 as soon as my trial ran out for the full version.

I do turn it off when I'm at home and have digsby up or something to conserve power.
    I love jivetalk! I need it for the storm though. I had it on my curve and def paid the 30.00 for it. Well worth it. Never consumed a lot of battery though...This digsby you mentioned. for blackberry?
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

AndryInt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2527D4A6
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Has anyone compared these two programs. Is one better on the battery than the other?
    Thanks.
    If battery life is important you can try IM+.
    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...im&platform=bb
    It provides so called "im push" mode, in thу mode all incoming IMs are forward to you BlackBerry push mail and you can answer by mail also. So, you have not to keep the application running on the device at all - it saves battery vastly.