Default APN is internet.com. The BlackBerry's installed browser connects to the internet fine. Downloaded JiveTalk. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

daggerdragon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question JiveTalk + internet: one or the other, but not both at the same time

Advertisement

Default APN is internet.com. The BlackBerry's installed browser connects to the internet fine.

Downloaded JiveTalk. JT doesn't connect, wants APN set to wap.voicestream.net. Set APN to that, browser breaks. "A problem occured while trying to render the page"

Downloaded OperaMini. APN set to default internet.com, doesn't work. APN set to wap.voicestream.net, works fine, until I want to download something OTA, then it tries to boot up the installed browser which, of course, fails.

internet2/3.voicestream.net makes everything break.

This is rendering my BlackBerry useless, and I've spent nearly 16 hours so far trying to make JiveTalk and the default browser work. I'm very close to returning the dang thing Help, please!
    Last edited by daggerdragon; 09-03-2007 at 12:30 PM.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: JiveTalk + internet: one or the other, but not both at the same time

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You got the apn wrong it should be wap.voicestream.com

Ur using .net

I changed it to .com but now the Internet works but JiveTalk doesn't. I get this error - Malformed address. Returning null connection..

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by daggerdragon
    I changed it to .com but now the Internet works but JiveTalk doesn't. I get this error - Malformed address. Returning null connection..
    Reboot your device and try signing on again.

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Reboot your device and try signing on again.
    I did that (full battery reset), and the internet actually worked for five minutes!!! Now the OS browser won't connect (hourglass for 30 seconds, then "a problem occured while trying to render the page"), and OperaMini will, to an extent (can't download anything without it wanting to use the OS browser).

I don't get it... I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Make sure wap.voicestrea.com is all lowercase...and make sure password and username are blank then save, and reboot blackberry
    wap.voicestream.com all lowercase
    Took battery out
    Took SIM card out for good measure
    Waited 3 minutes
    Put battery/SIM card back in
    Waited 5 minutes for everything to load & connect to network

Built-in browser works
    OperaMini erroring "Failed to connect to the internet. 900. java.io.IOException: Malformed Address. returning null connection."
    Jive Talk returning "malformed address, returning null connection"

However, if I wait about 15-20 minutes, the browser will stop working and JT and OperaMini will start working. It seems to be random every time I reboot the unit!

edit: JT is now working, but OperaMini and the built-in browser don't want to connect. "A problem occured while trying to render the page"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had this exact same problem with these 2 programs on 2 Pearls on nearly all but the last 2 or 3 OSs.

My solution was to delete BOTH, reboot phone, install both, reboot phone (You will be prompted to reboot the phone after the uninstallation and MAY be prompted to reboot the phone after installing them). They coexist fine now. However, as I am waiting arrival of my THIRD Pearl, they don't coexist on my backup 7100t. I can use JT but not Opera Mini. I cannot type in a link on the address bar in Opera Mini.

In a way, I am happy to have a Pearl so I can do this. I just don't want to be plagued with anymore problems so I am switching phones after my billing cycle is up and my bill is paid.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-04-2007 at 02:20 AM.

dowjones206 no está en línea Stack level 1

great post

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Had the same exact problem on my 8320. Whenever I was on JiveTalk, I'd get the same error surfing the web with the built-in BB browser. I talked with JT support and they told me to change the transport protocol from TCP to BIS. I had to call T-Mo support to get those service books pushed to me as my curve didn't have 'em. After that, I switched the transport protocol and everything's been working fine.