what are the advantages of the $29.95 jivetalk as opposed to the $19.95 one? thanks! ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

awesome8100 no está en línea Stack level 1

JiveTalk- $19.95 vs $29.95

Advertisement

what are the advantages of the $29.95 jivetalk as opposed to the $19.95 one?

thanks!

https://www.beejive.com/jivetalk/pur...=125qwae1j00wb

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: JiveTalk- $19.95 vs $29.95

29.95 you can transfer it from device to device.
    19.95 it's only good for the device you bought it for.

Hope that helps.
    ~red

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

however...if your pearl breaks and you have to get a warranty replacement, the $19.95 license WILL transfer to the new device - as long as it is the same model you had before.

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

I assume you are joking.

awesome8100 no está en línea Stack level 1

but somehow there is an update to the jivetalk (new OS.. or is there no such thing), would i be able to get the new version or would only the $29.95 payers get it?

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by akosnitzky
    I assume you are joking.
    If you are referring to me, no. I was getting a replacement pearl because of a warranty replacement, and asked beejive my options. I asked if I could upgrade from the $19.95 device license I currently had to the $29.95 user license because I was getting a new device. They emailed me back and said "You can do that if you like, thog we do allow transfers for even the device licenses if it's due to a device defect, provided the replacement is the same model." I ended up upgrading the $10 anyway, so I could have a user license, though. It's a good product, they deserve my money.

Quote Originally Posted by awesome8100
    but somehow there is an update to the jivetalk (new OS.. or is there no such thing), would i be able to get the new version or would only the $29.95 payers get it?
    Any updates to JiveTalk, you will get if you own either license. If you have get a new OS, it won't be a problem, because the license is attached to your PIN, and that will be the same.

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

So you had to give them your new PIN number since you got a new device? How did they know you got the same type of phone? Taking your word for it or does some particular number or letter in the PIN indicate the model you have?

PIN/ID
    Retired

No idea. Since I upgraded my license, they just had me e-mail my new PIN and they switched it over, but I assume they would have done the same thing for just switching to the new device? I have no idea if they can tell what device you have by the PIN.