I used to have the paid version of Jivetalk on my 8300 a year or ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

khillyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

Jivetalk?

Advertisement

I used to have the paid version of Jivetalk on my 8300 a year or so ago and now I've updated to a BB Bold. Is there any way to get jive talk on my Bold without having to pay again? Right now the jive talk website isn't loading properly on my BB so I can't just download the program and login and see if it transfers...anyone have any idea?

Thanks, Kyle
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

smokedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    when you purchased jivetalk, they emailed you a license number. You are going to need that. If you cant find it, just email Jivetalk at support@jivetalk.com from the email address you registered with, and they will send it back to you.

I did had this same issue about 2 months ago when i upgraded to a Bold

PinkBerryGirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304EE8BD
    It also depends on which one you purchased. There's the cheaper license that only stays registered with that pin # and you cannot transfer it if you upgrade your BlackBerry. The more expensive license is $29.95 and can be transferred from BlackBerry to BlackBerry when you upgrade. They have a sale right now and everything is $5.00 off
    Nathalie
    VZW BlackBerry Tour 9630 v4.7.1.53
    AT & TiPhone 3GS

T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900
    http://twitter.com/PinkBerryGirl

the easy way to do it is basically just go to https://www.beejive.com/jivetalk/transfer.htm and you can do the transfer easily from your computer that is if you did indeed buy the one that you're able to trasnfer from BB to BB

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes, what everyone said. There are two licenses out for Jivetalk, one is a one user/device one and the other, a multiple user license. I find the multiple user one more efficient since bb's will almost always be updated. This eliminates the need of buying the activation code over and over again. Do note that you can only use the multiple license on ONE bb at a time. Therefore, if you have two bb's and can't get one to run, you will need to unregister first and reregister on the other one (that wasn't working at the time). Basically, you will need to transfer your activation from bb to bb. I think you may also need to readd the accounts as well.

khillyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    the easy way to do it is basically just go to https://www.beejive.com/jivetalk/transfer.htm and you can do the transfer easily from your computer that is if you did indeed buy the one that you're able to trasnfer from BB to BB
    thanks that site really helped out...apparently i had the foresight to buy the multiple bb version...go me!

Quote Originally Posted by khillyer View Post
    thanks that site really helped out...apparently i had the foresight to buy the multiple bb version...go me!

no problem and thats good that you did haha

nghienpc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Who can compare JV and AIM?
    Thanks

i find that they both do the job but JV works better because its just more stable