My photos are uploaded to yahoo photos from my PC and the album is set ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

zac123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

Jiveslide not retrieving Photos from Yahoo Photos

Advertisement

My photos are uploaded to yahoo photos from my PC and the album is set to public and I verified that. I open Jiveslide on my RIM 8700c it asks for Type and I pick yahoo Photos then It wants Username so I enter my Yahoo ID. It wants my full ID (johndoe@yahoo.com) not just the prefix or I get an error code. Then I use jog wheel and save the info, it then says Fetching and comes back and shows- Yahoo Photos (my user ID) and under that *No Public Image Folder* I know I have a public image folder on yahoo Photo because I checked it a dozen times. So what am I doing wrong?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Jiveslide not retrieving Photos from Yahoo Photos

What error are you getting if you just enter the prefix? I've never had to type my full yahoo I'd in JiveSlide. You can put anything in for a collection name, if there is nothing by that name you'll get the "no public albums". I'd double check your username, or try to open another collection.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

If either of you have been succesfull retrieving photos from the yahoo acct. Congrats.
    If you create a flikr acct. You will have absolutly no problem. Hope this helps. Make sure that your photos are available to the public in both accts. If you post your or pin you email, ill check from my bb.

PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

If I enter only the user ID with out the @yahoo.com when I save the info and it does the fetch it then returns, Error:302 Found. I have to enter full ID in order for it to fetch with out a user ID problem. I am sure about my Yahoo user ID, I use Yahoo Maill all the time and keep up on my info. So if I enter full ID the program moves onto the next step. As far as the Collection Name; When I click thumb wheel and move to New Collection and press thumb wheel, I get on the Type line in high-light the name "Flickr" so I press thumb wheel and click Change Option. In the drop down box are two choices only- Flickr and Yahoo Photos. I have no idea ware Flickr came from. My 8700c is brand new and I'm the only user. I high-light yahoo photos amd depress thumb wheel then on the Type line is Yahoo Photos. I do not have an option to call the collection Name anything I want. That is then ware I continue onto the User name and enter my ID. From there I click thumb wheel to Save and it fetches, returning with " No Public Albums" This all can't be good.
    Last edited by zac123; 04-15-2007 at 11:11 AM.

PIN/ID
    32C029E1

You have to set up a flikr acct. www.flikr.com
    Upload your photos.
    Make this acct. open to public.
    Go to the flickr option in jiveslide and select.
    Now do the same thing that you do for yahoo, and you will have the same results as the jiveslide demo.
    Hope this helps.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

So you not only up load your photos to Yahoo but you up load them to flikr also? Ok I did not understand that. Ok I attempted to go to flikr.com and the web returns an error message. It says www.flikr.com could not be found.Please chenck the name and tr again. Up date - I did a web search and found it's www.flickr.com and the page comes back and shows flikr. So I got it now. I just did not know you have to up load your photos to yahoo and flikr. Will give it a try now. Thanks
    Last edited by zac123; 04-15-2007 at 11:58 AM.

PIN/ID
    23fc97c6

The instructions worked fine. All is working well and I can get to fine tuneing things now. I also learned you do not need to up load photos to Yahoo, just flickr. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by zac123; 04-15-2007 at 02:55 PM.

PIN/ID
    32C029E1

No problem
    I've never had any succes with yahoo. I can only seem to get the photos from flikr; if you have any success, get back to us.
    I've tried to contact jiveslide in the past with no avail.
    Glad to help.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I use JiveSlide to view my yahoo photos all the time. I used it today. I don't have a flickr account. All I did was load jiveslide click new collection, select yahoo photos and enter my yahoo id. Just the id, no @yahoo.com. Strange others can't get it to work correctly.

ElRavenNegro no está en línea Stack level 2

Do you HAVE to use Flickr or can you use another photo saving website like Facebook?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    I use JiveSlide to view my yahoo photos all the time. I used it today. I don't have a flickr account. All I did was load jiveslide click new collection, select yahoo photos and enter my yahoo id. Just the id, no @yahoo.com. Strange others can't get it to work correctly.

The answer is on the JiveSlide support page: http://www.jiveslide.com/support/ -- select the "Error 302" page.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Well my yahoo photos album was created way back in the day so I guess it hasn't been migrated into the beta, wierd.

JiveSlide no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

That's right - the old accounts work fine - new ones do not. We have been trying to get Yahoo Photos to work right to no avail for a while now and then earlier this month Yahoo releases that they are dropping Yahoo Photos and only moving forward with Flickr only. So we are dropping support for Yahoo in the Fall - when they turn the site off.

FYI - We are looking into releasing a new version with Picasa Web Albums - that's Google's photo sharing and editing site.

Thanks,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Well my yahoo photos album was created way back in the day so I guess it hasn't been migrated into the beta, wierd.

Free online photo viewing with JiveSlide.com