Tried using eSpell software but received an "java.langexception Error" after install and program did not ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

alevine no está en línea Stack level 1

"java Lang.exception error " and Lexspell

Advertisement

Tried using eSpell software but received an "java.langexception Error" after install and program did not work in Blackberry email. Tech support was terrible and online support was just as bad. Left in a huff ... recommended to Lexspell, a quality standalone spellchecker program. Reasonably priced and very conscientious tech support people I found out. Unfortunately, I still havethe error message and cannot get the program to work properly. Looking for a solution from anyone out there. When I Google search for the error, I see it is much more commonplace than I would have thought (although likely a generic error for a wide host of possible issues). Thanks

Aaron

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: "java Lang.exception error " and Lexspell

I have not had the error myself but have you tried to reinstall it?

When does the error come up? is it when you try to open the application?
    If you havent deleted and reinstalled it I would do that.

alevine no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    I have not had the error myself but have you tried to reinstall it?

When does the error come up? is it when you try to open the application?
    If you havent deleted and reinstalled it I would do that.
    If i unistall either spell checker program, pull the battery and re-start, the error message is gone as well. tried to uninstall the software numerous times with the same result. The tech support people for both software companies, are aware of the problem and tell me it has something to do with limited resources on the Blackberry to manage thirds part applications.. that's nice so how is the matter resolved ?
    Aaron

kolev no está en línea Developer

I do not think there is a silver bullet to this problem just as I do not think it is anyhow tied to LexSpell in particular.

You can get that when installing pretty much any other 3rd party application, but it seems more likely to occur if the application utilizes a lot of system resources, mostly memory.

Beiks no está en línea Developer

Lightbulb Re: "java Lang.exception error " and Lexspell

Do you have different language support modules installed on your BlackBerry? For example Hungarian, Spanish, Italian, German, etc. which you currently do not need? If you have such, it is a good idea to remove them from your BlackBerry and then try again to run LexSpell.

By the way, how did you install LexSpell on your BlackBerry - OTA from http://mobile.beiks.com, or trough a desktop installation?

If you shoot an email to support at beiks dot com, they will send you a download link for the desktop installation and there are good chances it will work better.