Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That the codes. paste it to note pad and save it as Textname.bat. then you ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

fvargasfrank no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

That the codes. paste it to note pad and save it as Textname.bat. then you need to download this program http://www.blackberry.net/developers/
    and this program
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
    and when there are install run the .bat file and follow the instruction that is.

katie_david no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: jar games

OKay, i'm a little lost lol I made the bat file, but this may take me forever. Is someone willing to do a couple conversations for a simpleton like myself :P

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Tag for later

AbboTT no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the batch! Works wonders...

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

ok so i dont have data on my cell plan cuz i only use the pearl for organisation, games, themes, and talking... so i cant do anything over the web. So how do i download .jad and .jar files to my pearl? desktop manager doesnt recognise the files

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jpnelson35 no está en línea Stack level 2

YOu guys are all mistaken. You can load Jars through a USB cable.

I have a pearl with a lot of .jar games on it. I have never downloaded over the air.
    First, you need an MicroSD card, set your blackberry to Mass Storage Mode.
    Dont use the Desktop Manager, use windows explorer.
    Find you blackberry's sd card in explorer, then go inside the blackberry folder.
    You will see other folders like music, videos, and pictures.
    Just copy the >jar file into this blackberry folder.
    Unplug your blackberry.
    Go into media on your blackberry where you see "music, "Video," "Ringtones," and "Pictures."
    Push the menu button and select "Explore", Open "Media Card"
    Open "Blackberry".
    You will see your .Jar file.
    Click it.
    Click the button that says download. (You wont actually be downloading the file over the air because it is already on your phone. Trust me, my Data services aren't even enabled).
    You might get a pop-up saying that the application does not contain a signature... Click yes.
    The Jar Application will begin installing.
    Only about one out of every twenty files wont work, all the others install successfully.

Spread the word.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jpnelson35
    YOu guys are all mistaken. You can load Jars through a USB cable.

I have a pearl with a lot of .jar games on it. I have never downloaded over the air.
    First, you need an MicroSD card, set your blackberry to Mass Storage Mode.
    Dont use the Desktop Manager, use windows explorer.
    Find you blackberry's sd card in explorer, then go inside the blackberry folder.
    You will see other folders like music, videos, and pictures.
    Just copy the >jar file into this blackberry folder.
    Unplug your blackberry.
    Go into media on your blackberry where you see "music, "Video," "Ringtones," and "Pictures."
    Push the menu button and select "Explore", Open "Media Card"
    Open "Blackberry".
    You will see your .Jar file.
    Click it.
    Click the button that says download. (You wont actually be downloading the file over the air because it is already on your phone. Trust me, my Data services aren't even enabled).
    You might get a pop-up saying that the application does not contain a signature... Click yes.
    The Jar Application will begin installing.
    Only about one out of every twenty files wont work, all the others install successfully.

Spread the word.
    If you look at the dates of the posts before yours you can tell this is an old thread. That wouldn't have worked back then.

YaoShi no está en línea Stack level 1

Where did you download you jar games? I always have trouble finding free ones.

shortman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Not sure about the games but it seems it should work, loading BBAlerts to my SD was the only way I could get it to install with the 8130 and it worked like a charm.

jpnelson35 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by YaoShi View Post
    Where did you download you jar games? I always have trouble finding free ones.
    This is where i get most of my games:
    http://www.mobilerated.com/dir/Appli...s/?sort=Rating

Note that some games are free because they use "ads." These games will require internet usage to download the ads. Some of the games are only demos/trials as well. There are a lot of full versions though.

Also note that not all of them will work on a pearl. One of the reasons is that most of them are built for controls with a normal phones keypad... not a semi-qwerty board.

Also try doing a google search on the keyword "midlets". A midlet is a term which refers to java mobile applications.
    Here are some other sites with free midlets:
    http://midlet.org/index2.jsp
    http://java.mob385.com/en/

Hope this helps! =-)
    Last edited by jpnelson35; 11-14-2007 at 04:01 AM.

barbeddragon no está en línea Stack level 1

anybody know where I can get a Texas Holdem game for free? OTA or through D.M is coo, thanks

tranquilize no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Batch file for dummies

I'm a newb and got this thing to work in a couple hours. I figure I'll try to shorten the process for other newbs. (I can't post links because I'm not cool, so you'll have to edit the (dot)'s out of the link. Blame this lame site for that).

Create the batch file and download the two programs. The first is downloaded from the malformed link below, but don't try to get the version at the top of the page. It will send you in a confusing loop that will make you smash your head repeatedly on any hard surface available. Click the download button for the "update" at the top. This is the full version. This is a huge download, so be patient. Install the program after the download completes.
    JDK 5.0 Update 14 with NetBeans IDE 6.0 from
    java.sun(dot)com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

Then you have to go to na.blackberry(dot)com/eng/developers/downloads/jde.jsp and download JDE 4.3. I downloaded the 4.3 "components" or something similar at the top of the list. You have to provide personal information for this download, but all I provided was asdf repeatedly.
    Install this program (which requires the previous program (JDK) to be installed).

After both are installed successfully, you are ready to run the batch file. The best thing to do is to open the directories you will need for the batch. This will enable you to use a simple DOS trick. Open the folder "C:\program files\research in motion" and in a new window the folder just above where your .jar file is stored.

Double click on the .bat file. When it asks for the path of the JDE directory, drag and drop this directory (which should be visible in the research in motion folder) into the dos window. This will automatically set the path in DOS. But you are not done yet. For some reason, the path will not work with the quotes around it. Delete both quotation marks using only the left/right arrow keys and the backspace key.

Hit enter and do the same thing for the next path requested, but this will be the folder that your jar file is locate in.

This sounds long, but it ends up being faster than typing, and I had problems with the .bat file accepting my paths. This is probably because I haven't used DOS in five years.

When it asks for the name of your jar file, do not add the extension. Eg. christmaspoo.jar would just be christmaspoo.

After all this (which, in reality, should take you no more than half an hour to set up and about one minute to compile) you are ready to crack out on your crackberry some more!

I hope this saves some of you some time.

cdjones7 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for making that simple...

bloodletting284 no está en línea Stack level 1

I actually have some trouble with this I did exactly what you said to do and I used the batch file that was posted a while back but I keep getting these 1kb AXL files but no COD files and the desktop manager won't let me install the game/programs. One of the errors during the batch file process is this "fatal internal error java.lang.nullpointerexception" theres some errors along the way but that one is just before it stops and i have to click another key to continue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast