Hello. I am currently using a Blackberry 7750 with v.4.0.0.171 OS. I have tried going ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

toasterdeath no está en línea Stack level 1

issues with mobile.google.com

Advertisement

Hello. I am currently using a Blackberry 7750 with v.4.0.0.171 OS.

I have tried going to google.com/app to try and download the gmail program, however when I eventually try to download it I get a "901 Insufficient Memory" error. This is really strange because I have plenty of memory available.

My second issue: whenever I goto mobile.google.com I get a display that says "Select the Google services you want on the menu of your Blackberry 7750 from the list below, then click the "next" button to begin the download." Below this I have search, maps, gmail, and news. Beside each of those four is a box that I can check. Below that is a next button. I can check any combination of the boxes, then I click next and it proceeds to download "google services" with is like 310000bytes or so. When it finishes downloading, however, there is no run option and there is no addition to my icons on the main desktop menu.

I have tried to do research on these problems, especially the first because it happens with other programs sometimes, but I haven't really made much progress. I know turn to you guys.

toasterdeath no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: issues with mobile.google.com

I did find this

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...662&topic=9448

[broken up with spaces so i could post it, otherwise apparently i am not allowed]

but I am getting no options to run anything, nor are any applications showing up on my main menu. On the options>applications section I see "google services" but there isn't really anything I can see that I can do from there.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 01-13-2007 at 12:11 PM.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toasterdeath
    Hello. I am currently using a Blackberry 7750 with v.4.0.0.171 OS.

I have tried going to google.com/app to try and download the gmail program, however when I eventually try to download it I get a "901 Insufficient Memory" error. This is really strange because I have plenty of memory available.

My second issue: whenever I goto mobile.google.com I get a display that says "Select the Google services you want on the menu of your Blackberry 7750 from the list below, then click the "next" button to begin the download." Below this I have search, maps, gmail, and news. Beside each of those four is a box that I can check. Below that is a next button. I can check any combination of the boxes, then I click next and it proceeds to download "google services" with is like 310000bytes or so. When it finishes downloading, however, there is no run option and there is no addition to my icons on the main desktop menu.

I have tried to do research on these problems, especially the first because it happens with other programs sometimes, but I haven't really made much progress. I know turn to you guys.
    The 7750 has only 14 Megs of ram - well 16 including SRAM - for EVERYTHING.

Also, although I wouldn't recommend upgrading as it may use more memory, the current OS for the 7750 (Sprint) is 4.0.2.41. See BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ for your provider.

Also, the gmail app will not be on the main screen - it will be under Applications.

I tried the app, but didn't see any benefit to it over just setting up gmail with BIS.
    JerryD

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Well check this out I dunno about you but depending on what phone you have you can have plenty of memory even when you get the error. Try going into applications and deleting all the languages you won't be using. There is a huge difference in memory total vs application allocated space. Post and let me know whether this was useful or worthless?