I would LOVE to see the option to mark "spam" mail on the BB! I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Is this software even "developable"....

Advertisement

I would LOVE to see the option to mark "spam" mail on the BB! I get a ton of spam (I think someone used my email and got me on a TON of mailing lists....I keep denying and unsigning out, but it doesn't stop!)....I am rarely on the email here at home....usually my lazy butt will respond from the couch! LOL!....

Anyway....It would be neat if we could choose "spam" along with "Delete from hand held" or "Handheld and Mailbox".....

KWIM?

That's one program I'd be so willing to pay for!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Maybe this could help you http://www.antair.com/blackberry/spamfilter/index.html
    I never tried or used it, so I can't say if it's any good.
    But they do offer a 30 day trail.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Based on the feature set of the Antair product, I'm not so sure it will help too much with most of the spam sent out today. Addresses and domains are commonly spoofed in spam messages, and most of the messages employ those word scramblers to 0bfu$(at3 words. Products that rely on blacklists usually fail for these reasons.

However, if Antair could produce a simple filter like that, it should be possible to come up with something more intelligent.

PIN/ID
    From what I've seen of that program, I have to go in and type what emails can come through...I'm too lazy for that! LOL....I want to just be able to send something to the spam folder from my BB....that way I'm not having to go into the pc and do it. With the exclusion capabilities os Antair...and the ability to delete something from the pc on the blackberry, I think it should be possible. If I knew how I would make it!

Thanks for the replies though!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    At the risk of sounding like I don't quite understand, have you tried looking at the webmail backend of the email that you have set up on your phone. I don't think you can get an email account that doesn't come with spam filtering. Just tell it to filter out spam. That's what I do with my yahoo account, works great.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    From what I've seen of that program, I have to go in and type what emails can come through...I'm too lazy for that! LOL....I want to just be able to send something to the spam folder from my BB....that way I'm not having to go into the pc and do it. With the exclusion capabilities os Antair...and the ability to delete something from the pc on the blackberry, I think it should be possible. If I knew how I would make it!

Thanks for the replies though!

With previous versions of the Antair Spam Filter (2.0 and 2.5), you had to type the addresses and domains in, like you said. In 3.0 and higher, you can click the menu key and add them in semi-automatically (no typing).

If you set the filter strength to 9, like I do (NOTE: highest strength on the evaluation version is 5), it catches ~98%+ of my spam... and I get about 150 spam msgs per week. The heuristic engine is VERY good.

I also block all yahoo, gmail, msn, hotmail and aol via domain blacklist and then address whitelist the specific addresses from those domains I wish to allow. It catches a LOT that way.

Even on mails from domains I have never seen before and have fake-out text and legit-looking stories in them, etc. are caught -- very little sneaks in. But if something does sneak in, you just click the menu and it won't get through again. Same as when a legit email gets caught falsely, restore it from the spam box and it's automatically added to your address whitelist. No typing!

Once you understand how it works, you can set it up to do exactly what you want it to do, but the best part is the heuristic engine for addresses and domains that you didn't anticipate -- it's VERY accurate.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    At the risk of sounding like I don't quite understand, have you tried looking at the webmail backend of the email that you have set up on your phone. I don't think you can get an email account that doesn't come with spam filtering. Just tell it to filter out spam. That's what I do with my yahoo account, works great.

I do know how to work a spam filter on the email! LOL!....However, they aren't the greatest. SO---what I want is a program that works like the "delete" function....You hit delete and it asks "on hand held" "On mailbox and handheld" and "cancel"....RIM (or someone) needs to make a program that like "delete", you can mark "spam"...and have the options "On handheld" (meaning that email doesn't come to the BB); "Oh handheld and mail box" (meaning it will go to the spam folder on the email server and will not come to the phone again) and "Cancel" (for those times that you over scroll and select something you dont want.)

Is that what the Antair does? Is it really that simple? Am I just that dumb?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

johnfaceman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Would be very cool.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    They should add this feature to 4.5.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    OK---so now people know what I'm talking about. Shoot---been running a headache for a few days now....I dont think i've been making much sense.