im looking for something i can block certain numbers from calling me from. from what ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d

is there a call blocker?

Advertisement

im looking for something i can block certain numbers from calling me from. from what i read, it might be something like youmail but as that doesnt work here in the UK it would have to be something else. Ive tried something called black + white list (i think it was called that) but didnt like it. is there anything else out there to try?

cheers

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only other thing I've heard of is a program called NotNow. But it isn't a simple call blocker, it autosends a text message to the caller with a pre-selected message of your choice.

I wish there was a simple built-in blocker (for calls or text messages) that simply denied them getting through, even to your voicemail.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    You can try the Antair Call Screener, http://www.antair.com/blackberry/cal...ner/index.html

Or i,Call Manager Light, made by the author of Black & White List, http://i-softwarelabs.com/icml.html
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835

I did it

I made my own ringtone of nothing/ silence . I recorded it to my pc saved it to mp3 file and made it a custom ringtone to the person who was annoying me. Now when they call I never hear it and because I have you mail. I have them set to ditchmail so I also get no messages. I love it. but you dont have to use you mail just delete the message

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I added the spam numbers under my profile exceptions. Then set it to silent. So the phone,sms will not ring. But it still shows under messages.

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    hummmmmmmmmm I couldnt do that because my exceptions are all special tunes/custom tunes.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I've been using i, call manager even since I got my Bold. I used Black&White List on my Curve but it's not support on the Bold. But I like this i,Call Manger it works Great & does support the Bold.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    just add an exception to your current or all profiles used, and set the tone to mute its at the top of the list of tones. this will be as good as a call block, but it will show the missed call. I use it for a few numbers and it works well. for example.. ex girl friends or that customer that keeps calling for help but never requests the service call because he is too cheap to pay or one ..for bill collectors, if you have that problem.
    I also use it for unknown callers, private numbers and have a message on my voice mail asking the callers to unblock their info and call again.
    Last edited by HeywoodJ; 11-14-2008 at 11:34 PM.

naivete no está en línea Stack level 2
    black&white list for BB
    Concern On Mobile2.0, well come to my Blog :
    http://movox.cn

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    How do you set an exception for private or unknown numbers?

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    set up an address in the book that says "private" in the number and set the custom tone to mute. it can be done for "unknown" caller "anonymous" . its a way of black listing them kind of .if the number is not in a rule and you dont know it then the black list white list would be the way to go for these calls as you can set the calls that will ring through. there will be a problem with a 911 call back as they are usually show as unknown.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    I've been using i, call manager even since I got my Bold. I used Black&White List on my Curve but it's not support on the Bold. But I like this i,Call Manger it works Great & does support the Bold.

That's funny because my Black & White works on my Bold..... I have both iCall Manger and Black & White.... I have uninstalled iCall Manager and B & W is working just fine.....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........