Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hello all. Does anybody feel that picture ID could potentially be dangerous? I do enjoy ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

is picture ID dangerous?

Advertisement

Hello all. Does anybody feel that picture ID could potentially be dangerous? I do enjoy seeing the faces of my friends and family when they call (makes me smile sometimes) but what if I lose my phone or it gets stolen? The person that found or stole now has a name, number and photo of all my friends and family. Way too much info. What if the person that finds the phone is the crazy ex of my gf and he see her pic in the phone? A quick reverse look up (of "my number")and he could be at my house. Ok that's a little far fetched, but with enough prying a person could get more info about your contacts. It wouldn't be too hard to get a address and with the face to match a stranger could walk up and start talking as if they know you. At the very least it makes identity theft a little bit easier, which is going in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-20-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    LOL if you loose your phone your screwed any way they see contacts like boss and call and say I quit also they can go through calendar and know where your gonna be and you prolly still have pics of family without having pictureID and also they can know everything about you and prolly where you live since your house phone will be in your phone and yellow page that number and it gives you the address...I wouldn't worry about picture I'd I would worry about loosing my phone....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Good points...
    -Josh

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    True but a harassing phone isn't as bad as a person knowing your name and what you look like. Imagine me walking up to you and going hey (insert your real name) how r u? Kinda creepy~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you lose your phone, the pictures are probably the least of your worries. A lot of people put financial, passwords, addresses, etc. on their phones....YIKES!!

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Nah I would be like hi Safiy I found your phone last week haha ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    What if some psycho starts harassing your wife? In person. Either way I don't have pics with names, numbers and addresses. Ok, the people scheduled for meetings in calender might be hit.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksrussian View Post
    Nah I would be like hi Safiy I found your phone last week haha ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lmao. Hey I just noticed I'm a few posts above 500. Yay
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    LOL so verdict: don't loose your phone or life will suck....more...

PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I'm at 449 so catching up better watch out!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Also make sure that you have a password set, this makes it even harder for someone to get data off of if it is lost.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    The reason I made this thread is because I LIKE picture ID, but never use it because I keep thinking if I lose my phone or its gets stolen… see first post^
    I understand what you guys are saying though. I guess I'm just paranoid (no one feels the same?).~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    That's why you always have your BB password protected.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    The reason I made this thread is because I LIKE picture ID, but never use it because I keep thinking if I lose my phone or its gets stolen… see first post^
    I understand what you guys are saying though. I guess I'm just paranoid (no one feels the same?).~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I get what you're saying. Even if you have a password, their name/number/picture still shows up when they call.

Either way, a password is a MUST if you treasure your privacy.

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    That's why you always have your BB password protected.
    About password protection. When on doesn't the the phone prompt you to enter your password every time you open your phone book, or other personal info? If I remember correctly that's how it worked on my curve. Its like navigating windows vista w/UAC on. No thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast