Is it a free application... or are there charges to use it?... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is nav4all free?

Advertisement

Is it a free application... or are there charges to use it?

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    it is free untill 2010 i think which they are vague about. they make it sound like eventually they many decide to charge, but no later than a certain date which they say before you get the app. For now its totally free!

thanks man

PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    no problem! You can also try Amaze which is also free.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    which is better?

i try Nav4all but cannot get the gps to work... seem like a good program thou

PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    i prefer Nav4all, as when I used Amaze the maps seemed a bit off (like telling me to go left when I physically could not). I've been using nav4all and havent had any issues. Amaze does have a better u.i. though.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09
    trust the man pictured to the left >.<

I just took a quick spin with both of them... I have heard some bad things about amAze, with directions leading to nowhere, turns where there arent supposed to be and so on...

But it was quite the opposite for me... I tried making directions to a friends house.. Its straight down a major road, right down another major road, and a quick turn off...

nav4all had me go past his house, turn on a looping road, and come around back... instead of one left turn it took 3... past him, around him, and back to him.

Amaze took me straight down the main roads...

I had everything set up right on nav... Like quickest route and all options...

It kinda makes me scared to use either. The "reliable" one doesn't work too well for me and and the one that works for me is the one everyone else seems to have problems with

PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    when you set nav4all on quickest route it takes it literally in terms of distance. Easy rider is the simplest setting that avoids all of that. Amaze simply didnt get me to the places I wanted to correctly at all. I put it off as the city in in right now (FT. Walton Beach, FL), but it wasnt even slightly off. It was absolutely incorrect.

the key to see which is right for you is just setting up fake drives to places you know and see how accurate they are in your area. Mine was I would go from my home to wendy's and back. I knew how to get there easily and if it said to go a different direction i would (when it was physically possible). This was how I could tell if I just had a setting that didnt really suit my needs (like shorts route; using many substreets to cut traffic and lights).

The other settings on Nav4all include tourist (never tried; and can only guess what it would do), avoid highways, use mostly highways, and stuff like that. Just stick with "easy rider" which makes it sound like slow routes, but its the simplest and really is the normal setting.
    Last edited by Kero351; 07-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.

PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Quote Originally Posted by Paian View Post
    which is better?

i try Nav4all but cannot get the gps to work... seem like a good program thou

sometimes on mine the gps will be flippant and decide not to work. Usually a battery pull sorts it out. I notice it happens most after I've used several gps applications (tell me being one of them).

Battery pull always works for me though. Just remember to pull over if you are doing this!