I have a Blackberry with a generic data plan but no BIS. Is it possible ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ipatec no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it possible without OTA?

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry with a generic data plan but no BIS.
    Is it possible to find the following apps for download:
    Gmail Mobile
    Yahoo Messenger (does it work without BIS)

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No you will need a bis data plan. Even if you where able to instll for your example google mail, that alone take data to run so the app itself wouldn't work.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That sums it up. I think fritter is right. It's almost a must to get a bis unlimited plan if you want more than what's preinstalled on your bb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ipatec no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have Opera Mini and some other software which are working without BIS, just with a generic Data Plan. I know that Gmail Mobile works also without BIS...but the problem is that I need BIS to install it.

dbetanco no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205D9596
    Quote Originally Posted by ipatec View Post
    I have a Blackberry with a generic data plan but no BIS.
    Is it possible to find the following apps for download:
    Gmail Mobile
    Yahoo Messenger (does it work without BIS)
    Maybe you are trying to connect to internet by wifi or maybe not. But.... That is not your question, so answering your question and forgetting how you are gonna make app work.... It's possible. You can upload to your blackberry using javaloader and the cod files. If you need I had both. Let me know.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ipatec View Post
    I have Opera Mini and some other software which are working without BIS, just with a generic Data Plan. I know that Gmail Mobile works also without BIS...but the problem is that I need BIS to install it.
    but you can't install applications OTA with opera mini you need to use the bb browser for that

Magnitude9Ent no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a prepaid BlackBerry 8310 Curve from AT&T and I can go to any site and download there applications and run them fine with a "Generic Data Plan" - Yahoo! Go, Gmail, Google Maps, Viigo, TeleNav, Nav4all, amAze, Mologogo, Yellow Pages Mobile, Beyond 411, Tellme, My-Cast 5 Weather, BBWeather, JiveTalk etc. Only thing I can't use is the BlackBerry Messenger or Email but I'm looking at getting in a contract here in a few months. For the most part you can get everything done with AT&T as far as prepaid just make sure to have unlimited data. lol lol ")
    Magnitude 9 Entertainment