Check this out! Now here is something I haven’t seen around yet. It is called ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Thumbs up Ipoki Beta - Know Where Your Friends Are

Advertisement

Check this out!

Now here is something I haven’t seen around yet. It is called Ipoki and with this application you can basically know where your friends are all the time, and your friends can know where you are all the time.

YouTube Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lE_M6qvrY

What is Ipoki?
    • Ipoki lets you share your current location with others in real-time. Also, you can see where your friends are and track them on Google Maps and Google Earth. Ipoki lets you keep track of your routes and use it to geolocate photos in flickr automatically. Invite your friends to see where you are and find and follow them across the world. Feel free to sign up. It’s free.
    Do I need a GPS to use Ipoki?
    • No. You can use Ipoki just using the Web. Just sign in to update your current location in a easy way. But the most amazing feature of Ipoki is to share your location in real-time. To do that, you have to install in your mobile device the Ipoki Plugin. Go to Download page
    How can I protect my privacy?
    • You have full control over your privacy settings to choose who sees where you are. You can choose between share your location with everybody, only with your friends or nobody (only you can see your location).
    How much does it cost?
    • Everyone can use Ipoki for free. However, if you use the Ipoki Plugin in your mobile device, you might be charged by your service provider for the data used. Anyway, the amount of data transmitted by the plugin is very small.
    How do I follow people?
    • You can start following another person by adding them as your friend. To add a friend, use Search to find your friend and click the ‘Add to friends’ link. If your friend is not yet on Ipoki, you can send them an email invitation by clicking ‘Invite your friends’.
    How do I invite my friends to Ipoki?
    • You have to sign in to invite your friends. Click on ‘Invite your friends’ found on the right side of the screen. Enter the email addresses of the friends you would like to invite and they will be able to see you and share their location with you.
    Pretty cool!

To download the BlackBerry plugin for Ipoki go to Ipoki.mobi from your BlackBerry Browser.

For more info visit Ipoki.com.

(via MetroBerry)
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Looks cool, ill DL now and give it a shot!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ego1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does it have to be a GPS phone that the plugin uses, or can it use triangulation like the latest google maps does to give an approximate location at least?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by ego1138 View Post
    Does it have to be a GPS phone that the plugin uses, or can it use triangulation like the latest google maps does to give an approximate location at least?
    Read this:

Do I need a GPS to use Ipoki?
    • No. You can use Ipoki just using the Web. Just sign in to update your current location in a easy way. But the most amazing feature of Ipoki is to share your location in real-time. To do that, you have to install in your mobile device the Ipoki Plugin. Go to Download page
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ego1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did read that . . . . but that didn't answer my question of whether it could use triangulation like the latest google maps does for approximate locations. I'm assuming it can't, but, thought I'd ask.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    That's a great question, my BB doesn't have GPS, but I can use the triangulation with googlemaps. Can this program do the same thing on my BB or do we have to have real GPS on the device?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jerkl no está en línea Stack level 1

Not working on 8800 / Cingular

I can't get the mobile app to connect to their server. It picks up my coordinates but it never gets past "connecting". I am running 4.5.0.55 and have tried a ton of APN combinations.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    There so much program like these lately on BB

What seperate this such program with the rest?

I do want to try one but also want one that are the best of the best