I have an 8320 with blackberry plan and unlimited txt messages... Common sense tells me ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rans0m00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EFA65

Instant messengers using txts?

Advertisement

I have an 8320 with blackberry plan and unlimited txt messages... Common sense tells me that instant messages are sent through data.... They tell me it sends and receives through txt messages... I really dont want to keep paying for all the txt messages that I never use except over instant messaging... So my question is are there any 3rd party instant messaging programs that send purely over data and not any txt messaging?

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Instant messengers using txts?

They should be only data far as i know. But if your really worried about that use a app called JiveTalk. Its Great. I use the trial period first and came to like it very much so i registered it.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

also check mobile.blackberry.com from your BB's browser. It has Yahoo and Google Talk and uses data only. What Instant Messenger were you using/referring to in your post? you looking to drop the unlimited text?

rans0m00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241EFA65

On my phone I use gTalk, yahoo, and AIM.... What got me wondering was I looked up my txt usage this billing cycle and I have already used almsot 400 txts... AIM I almost never use.... Mostly yahoo.... I really dont think I have sent that many actual txt messages... Im going to start keeping better track of them.... Anyway way to look up on your berry how many txts you have sent? And yes Im trying to drop unlimited txts....

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I was told the OZ Messenger you can d/l using nothing but text, not data.