Anyone have tried/installed spot from Skylab systems on a 8703e, Bell mobility network. I have ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Papick no está en línea Stack level 1

Installing Spot from skylab systems for 8703e

Advertisement

Anyone have tried/installed spot from Skylab systems on a 8703e, Bell mobility network. I have problems installing and figuring out how to make it work. Skylab does not have a hot line and did not answer any email s either, zero service. Went to a Bell mobility shop and they could not help. Nobody could help. Please help if any!!!

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Re: Installing Spot from skylab systems for 8703e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same issue some service book
    That I didn't have but I did no
    Response from querrys so I deleted it and went with blackberry maps on my 7520 and
    Am verry happy with it so much so that I gave it a great review
    It even bettet than the pay apps
    Look under the downloads section
    Of this forum for the ota link
    It us FREE and I use it daily as
    I do a delivery service and rarely do I have to go to the same place twice and when I do its in the memory pretty cool
    And its real time tracking with
    Speed and direction too give it a try. Heywood J

raven1a no está en línea Stack level 2

I was just able to get Spot working for my pearl. What's the problem you're having?

Quote Originally Posted by raven1a
    I was just able to get Spot working for my pearl. What's the problem you're having?
    This question is 8703e specific
    1. How can I know if I need a Bluetooth gps module or attachment as mentioned on the skylab website?
    2. If not, will it work with the Bell mobility network, from what I have read so far my deduction is that it may not work on some networks, bell cannot help me so far.
    Cause if I have to purchase another GPS module, that's already another $150.

I wanna be sure before I shed out money, plus Skylab is not reachable... at all, no support!!

What exactly is Blackberry maps, where can I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same issue some service book
    That I didn't have but I did no
    Response from querrys so I deleted it and went with blackberry maps on my 7520 and
    Am verry happy with it so much so that I gave it a great review
    It even bettet than the pay apps
    Look under the downloads section
    Of this forum for the ota link
    It us FREE and I use it daily as
    I do a delivery service and rarely do I have to go to the same place twice and when I do its in the memory pretty cool
    And its real time tracking with
    Speed and direction too give it a try. Heywood J

raven1a no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, bell should be able to tell you if they deactivate the GPS reciever in the 8703e. If they do, you'll need to get a bluetooth GPS. And actually, they're not that expensive. I got mine for less that $100 in the store and there are lots of places to get them online.

I'm guessing that the problem you're having is that the "Position" section of Spot doesn't come back with a connection and consistantly says it's "Out Of State". You may also want to check the logs under Setting and see what it tells you. Also, try changing the Global Setting "Overwrite Network Defaults" and select TCP only (Non-bes).

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Installing Spot from skylab systems for 8703e

Quote Originally Posted by Papick
    This question is 8703e specific
    1. How can I know if I need a Bluetooth gps module or attachment as mentioned on the skylab website?
    2. If not, will it work with the Bell mobility network, from what I have read so far my deduction is that it may not work on some networks, bell cannot help me so far.
    Cause if I have to purchase another GPS module, that's already another $150.
    Well the most easiest way would be to try their free demo version: Spot for 8703e