Hey Guys! Ive seen a lot of people wondering how to install jar files on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

stevieb41 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up INSTALLING jar FILES ON BLACKBERRY

Advertisement

Hey Guys! Ive seen a lot of people wondering how to install jar files on there Blackberry phone from PC. Well its easy!

1. Run your BB software and make a new folder called whatever (APPZ) under your media card or phone.

2. Place all your jar files in there.

3. Go to your media section on your phone and click your menu button beside your ball and go to Explore.

4. Now go to the folder, click on one of the files you put in, click on download (not really downloading) and Tada! Now you have installed software!

Sometimes the install will fail because it depends on the software your using, just keep trying different software and see what works for you!!

I hope this helps!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    worked like a charm with tip buddy

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieb41 View Post
    Hey Guys! Ive seen a lot of people wondering how to install jar files on there Blackberry phone from PC. Well its easy!

1. Run your BB software and make a new folder called whatever (APPZ) under your media card or phone.

2. Place all your jar files in there.

3. Go to your media section on your phone and click your menu button beside your ball and go to Explore.

4. Now go to the folder, click on one of the files you put in, click on download (not really downloading) and Tada! Now you have installed software!

Sometimes the install will fail because it depends on the software your using, just keep trying different software and see what works for you!!

I hope this helps!
    could we start getting other apps and themes in jar so we could store them on our cads and use em when we need em?

stevieb41 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That's what I do, I just keep them in the folder until I need them or bluetooth it to a friend! I got a 4G card so I have lots of room! A lot of games and software wont work for me, it will install but when you go to play them there's always an error. It sucks so many cool apps.

BBP 8100

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Alot of the time you can fix the jar files so they will run on ur bb. If anyone has a game that they cant get working send it to my hotmail account located in my profile and ill fix the manifest file so it works. "Alot Of The Time They Work"

PIN/ID
    wut?
    can you change other apps files which are cod or alx files to jar files so you can store them on your card?

asj2008 no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    can you change other apps files which are cod or alx files to jar files so you can store them on your card?
    Hi:

Jar files are just like any other files that you can store, so these other file types can be stored as well....JAR files contain Java (J2ME) apps, while COD files contain Java Blackberry apps. You can convert COD to JAR, but there's no need to, in other words.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by asj2008 View Post
    Hi:

Jar files are just like any other files that you can store, so these other file types can be stored as well....JAR files contain Java (J2ME) apps, while COD files contain Java Blackberry apps. You can convert COD to JAR, but there's no need to, in other words.
    i put 4 cod files on my crd.when i tried to open them i got the message "unable to display file".when i open a jar file it lets me download it.why won't the cod's open?

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    i put 4 cod files on my crd.when i tried to open them i got the message "unable to display file".when i open a jar file it lets me download it.why won't the cod's open?
    COD files are a part of JAR files. COD files won't work without the appropriate JAR file. So, you open the JAR file and not the COD files. - that's from my experience...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNJiN View Post
    COD files are a part of JAR files. COD files won't work without the appropriate JAR file. So, you open the JAR file and not the COD files. - that's from my experience...
    thanks,most of this is over my head.my question is this.can we store bb apps on our card(cod files) and open them to load them when we need them like the jar files.if not can we convert them to jar so we could do this?

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks,most of this is over my head.my question is this.can we store bb apps on our card(cod files) and open them to load them when we need them like the jar files.if not can we convert them to jar so we could do this?
    I remember seeing a program a few months ago that claimed to do this and was released for testing...People said that it didn't work very well.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    there is a card loader program for twenty bucks but i was trying to get by without that.