It's a gps app that allows you to alert other users of police checkpoints, road ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

spconeyi83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3065BC1A

IMO Best APP out Trappster

Advertisement

It's a gps app that allows you to alert other users of police checkpoints, road blocks, speed cameras, known hiding zones and more. I get emails whenever someone makes a tip and it is very helpfull to me because I live in a small town, and our cops have nothing better to do than hide behind trees. At first I thought it would be useless and maybe not a lot of people in my area would have this, but I was wrong, im getting emails non stop of people spotting police everyday.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Trapster can be a handy app, but for me it's a no! I live in the Phoenix area, we have ton's of red light cameras and speed cameras everywhere. The problem is that so many are on the surface streets, but close to the highway, so the app sounds off alerts every half mile on some sections of the highway. So basically if I used it I would be constantly checking false positive alerts for things not happening o the road I am on. Not safe or efficient while driving.

I guess maybe in a less congested area it may be beneficial.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

spconeyi83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    I see what you are saying. At first I was being overwhelmed with alerts, but then I shortened my alert range. I think you can tweak the setting to only get certain alerts, but if I was in a bigger city then I see where it could be a problem, well I do live in a big city (columbia, sc) but I'm on the outskirts and the only alerts I get are the known police hideouts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~