am I the only one that's run into this? I've gone through it twice, the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186

IM+ Killing 8130's?

Advertisement

am I the only one that's run into this? I've gone through it twice, the first time, when IM+ reboots the phone for installation it totally killed the OS and JVM, this time, it dumped the OS but DM grabbed the phone and reinstalled the OS.

What happens:
    red light comes on, blinks once, then the white screen comes on, the hour glass turns about 4-4 1/2 times, then freezes, turns off, and starts over again at the red light.

I've REALLY had it with this crap happening, I had it on WM5/6 and that kept making the phone freeze, on my BB I had nothing but trouble trying to keep the stupid thing connected, out of the 3 times it's been installed on an 8130 by me, 2 of the 3 it's totally f***ed the phone.

Anyone else got any info/advice on this app?

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i use JiveTalk and never looked back

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    WOW! I've been using IM+ for years and haven't encountered this. I know they released a version a few days ago and I posted an issue I had to them about it only to find they again posted another new version a couple days later.

you might go in and try to redownload it. Could have been one of the glitches they've fixed.

(Virex, with all due respect, your comment didn't help him/her with their issue.)

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well i cant necessary vouch for why IM+ would do that to a phone. like you said you have been using it for years along with a lot of my friends. so i was making a suggestion. i use JiveTalk and havent had any problems and maybe he could give it a shot, it has a 30 days trial.

so with all do respect i think you just misunderstood my post its all good

PIN/ID
    319FB186
    well, to be honest, I've heard a lot of people say they use jivetalk, and very few say they use IM+ so, that being said, I'm probably going to complain at shape services until they refund my purchase price due to the fact that I've had nothing but hell with their software on the BB

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    dhyde,
    I can say that I have used both. When I first got my pearl I wasn't smart enough to read through threads on here and find out that jivetalk was cheaper and more popular I downloaded IM+ right away and dished out the $50..
    But I too was having problems, just not this particular one. I know that doesnt help and I'm sorry
    Then I thought I would try Jivetalk since thats all I heard stackers talking about and I LOVE it...no crashing or shutting down, runs smoother IMO, and cheaper.

SO yeah, see what the company for IM+ can do for you if anything and then run to jivetalk and send me a messege!!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    319FB186
    how much is jivetalk? (can't get to the "buy me" part on my BB and it's blocked by the proxy at work)

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F
    Device License, $19.95
    The Device License is for use on one BlackBerry device only. If you change or lose your BlackBerry device you will need to purchase a license upgrade or transfer. Free software upgrades are included.
    User License, $29.95
    The User License is for use on one BlackBerry device at a time but can be transferred to other devices for free. Bring your license with you as you change BlackBerry models. Free software upgrades are included.

PIN/ID
    319FB186
    .....wouldn't you be stupid not to go for the $30 option for 10 more?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Quote Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
    .....wouldn't you be stupid not to go for the $30 option for 10 more?
    Definitely go for the $30 option...what if your current phone just quits and you opted for the $20 license - now you have to pay $20 more where you would just simply transfer the license with the $30 option.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ummm, since I bought the 20 I would say- and no, I'm not stupid. Highly offensive post. I think You'd have to be stupid for paying 50 for any bb program, let alone something as cheesy as an IM mesenger.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    What I think he meant was wouldn't the more expensive option be better because it is transferrable (I think the word stupid was a poor choice was for words and am trying to keep the thread clean). It's a one time fee and if you happen to lose, need to replace, or upgrade, your BB, you don't have to keep paying for license keys. I have used the same license key on 3 Pearls and a 7100t. Very good option if you ask me.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-07-2008 at 04:19 AM.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Hello dhyde79 and others,

We are aware of this issue, still it is out of our scope, we have contacted RIM about it, they promised to investigated it, but we still haven't received any explanation.

We have a special version on the website for Pearl 8130 OS 4.3 here or go to our wapsite, there you will see only one compatible version: wap.shapeservices.com.
    If your BlackBerry is OS 4.2 please provide me your email address (you can PM me), I will send you the proper version.

To restore your device please follow the steps:

1) Download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

2) Set up RIM OS version for your device on the Desktop
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...stem_Downloads
    orhttp://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

3) Delete the file vendor.xml from C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

4) Remove the battery from the handheld, do not insert the battery, follow the steps below.

5) Connect the device to the Desktop via an USB cradle.

6) Launch the Desktop Manager -> AppLoader.

7) Select the appropriate RIM OS optional components and start the process.

8) While the loading is in process, insert the battery.

9) After the loading is over, Desktop Manager will reset the device and the first device loading may take up to 20-30 minutes, while you see hourglass on the screen. This is normal.

After the reload everything should work fine.

You can read more here
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/5178-how_reinstall_os_when_computer_won_t_recognize_dev ice_connected.html

Do not hesitate to contact me if any questions arise.
    We are always ready to help.
    Irene
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services