Hello ladies and gents. I am not sure if there is something wrong with my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

IM+ Google Talk Login Error

Advertisement

Hello ladies and gents. I am not sure if there is something wrong with my gmail login or if it is IM+ itself but everytime I try to login to google talk I keep getting the same error that my username or password is incorrect I even went as far as creating a whole new account. Still I get same result. Is it required that I login via googletalk on a windows machine first or something of that nature? I am asking because I am strictly mac and for windows is the devil. Lol.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: IM+ Google Talk Login Error

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Actually Lotus Notes is the devil, but that's neither here nor there. For your IM+ issue, I have found lots of problems with IM+ and it is now banished from my Blackberry. The only multi-IM replacement program I can recommend for it (and I've run them all through the wringer) is JiveTalk. JiveTalk is in beta, and even in this prerelease form it is already better than IM+, WebMessenger, Ramble, Causserie, etc.

If you only want to use Google's GTalk, try the free GTalk Blackberry Application.

Well i was thinking about giving Jivetalk a try but i already spent the 50 bucks for IM+ so i thought i would give them the benefit of the doubt. The only issue i have had with them is this in the last couple of months i have been using the software.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Let's try to troubleshoot this situation.
    You can connect to Google Talk with the same login and password you use on your desktop Google Talk messenger.
    Your login should contain server address information @gmail.com.
    If you have problems connecting to Google Talk with your account, please try to use our test account:
    Login: shape.public@gmail.com
    Password: testerim
    Let us know about results and give us the following information:
    Are you able to connect with this account from your desktop messenger?
    Are you able to connect with our test account?
    How do other services work for you?
    Have you ever been able to connect to Google Talk using IM+? If yes, when did the problem start?
    You can send a request from IM+ (Support / Send request).

Victoria
    IM+ Support Team
    SHAPE Services

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Victoria - I sent a support request the other day but I also asked if you guys were aware of any issues with your login procedures. It is very clear to me after testing that the googletalk configuration aspect of IM+ has a flaw of some sort. It can recognize uppercase letters or numbers. Msn and aim can but just that part can't recognize those two formats when they are used in a password. I had to change my password temporarily to prove this and yes I was able to login but only with a all lowercase letter password. Can please let your team know what they need to do to correct this issue.

Also I login on my desktop fine with my original password but when changed it so I can login on my bb I noticed that for some reason under my googletalk account there were aim contacts. Why is this? Is it because I don't have any contacts under googletalk? Or is it just a small glitch of some sort.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

SHAPE Services is happy to announce a new IM+ release version 5.2.

We improved IM+ with:
    • Multiaccount support,
    • Baterry life extended due to contact list and dialog formation optimization,
    • Auto response message added in auto-away,
    • Shortcut for Mute Sounds added,
    • Enable/Disable missed events,
    • Time for Online/New messages’ notifications extended,
    • Some bug fixes.
    You can download the new 5.2 version from http://www.shapeservices.com/en/products/details.php?product=im&platform=bb
    or OTA from wap.shapeservices.com

Experience instant messaging with IM+ v. 5.2!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services