I have downloaded the trial of IM+ for Skype for Blackberry (using the 8100), but ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

uaruss no está en línea Stack level 1

IM+ for Skype Connection Errors

Advertisement

I have downloaded the trial of IM+ for Skype for Blackberry (using the 8100), but am having difficulties getting connected. I have read the FAQs and the thread from a month or so ago titled "
    IM+ for Skype Software is released. Beta-testers are awarded! ". Below is a description of the issues I'm having... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am REALLY excited about this app!

I have Skype Unlimited and use it w/ no problems on my desktop. I installed IM+ for Skype, walked through the connection properties (and set all to "allow").

"The initial error I am getting is the following:
    " Connection Error. Cannot perform connection through SSL. Would you like to try the default connection?...".

Upon saying "yes", it will connect, however, when I try to place a call I get the following error: "To make a call (phone call or Skype call), you need SkypeOut credits...". I should have SkypeOut credits as I have the Unlimited US/Can plan... correct?

I assume it needs SSL to access my Skype account, which is why I think it's a connection issue. I am on a corporate network (BES) and have setup additional BIS accounts (did this about 2 hours ago, per the FAQ).

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by uaruss; 07-12-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Re: IM+ for Skype Connection Errors

FYI, I am with Cingular / AT&T Wireless.

Re: IM+ for Skype Connection Errors

well good news... i upgraded to 4.2.1 and installed some "MDS" thing and at least now I can connect... now if i can just get it to recognize my Skype account and that I have credits!