Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey wuz up everyone. i'm looking for a email client. something i can leave running ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

demik1020 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4001f48f

I NEED A EMAIL CLIENT!!!!!

Advertisement

hey wuz up everyone. i'm looking for a email client. something i can leave running in the background so that i can recieve important emails. i was wondering if someone knew of a program. i need something pop/smtp. i was wondering if there was a free out there or if someone would be willing to send me a program? my email is demik1020@gmail.com AIM:demik1020 thanks alot

PS: i cant setup my BB email because i dont have BB data plan on it. nextel doesnt know i have a BB. i jus stuck my i710 sim in the BB and added a regular 10$ data plane "with umlimited data" and for the most part everything works fine expect i cant recieve and send text messages??thats why this email client is very important to me!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: I NEED A EMAIL CLIENT!!!!!

You will need a data plan to be able to send/receive messages.

PIN/ID
    4001f48f

i have a data plan. but its not the BB data plan. they one i have works fine on my BB. but do u know any 3rd party apps i can use to fix this problem. please if u have one can u please send it to me. i really need this. thanks

You could have your emails forwarded to your BB.

PIN/ID
    4001f48f

ok how. but remember i dont have a blackberry data. so i cant use bes and bis. i have a regular internet package from nextel "10 bucks umlimited data" thats why i was looking for a 3 rd party app. can u explain to me how to forward emails to BB

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Maybe a dumb question on my behalf, but why don't you have the BlackBerry Internet service? I don't know if there is a program out there yet that does what it is I think you want to do, but I am not sure. If it does exist, rest assured someone here will find it.

PIN/ID
    4001f48f

yea theres eworks,gmobile. but u have to pay for those i was trying to see if there was a free one frist. i dont have the nextel data plan because they wanted to charge me 50 bucks to get it

I don't think I've ever seen a program for BlackBerry that can get emails without having a data plan. It's just not possible.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Just switch to Tmobile and suck it up and pay the 20 bucks to add email. What you're asking for I don't believe is possible. Nextel will eventually find that you have a BB and no data plan. Took 6 months but a co-worker of mine had the 35 bucks added to his bill all of a sudden. It wasn't pretty the next month when he got HAMMERED because they added the 5mb plan, not the unlimited. Like a $400 cell bill. Hope that doesn't happen to you or $50 is going to seem cheap!!!!

I see this same question being asked all the time on another forum I'm on and the answer is the same on that forum too. If you don't have a BlackBerry Plan, you can't get email. It's just a phone without that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Just switch to Tmobile and suck it up and pay the 20 bucks to add email. What you're asking for I don't believe is possible. Nextel will eventually find that you have a BB and no data plan. Took 6 months but a co-worker of mine had the 35 bucks added to his bill all of a sudden. It wasn't pretty the next month when he got HAMMERED because they added the 5mb plan, not the unlimited. Like a $400 cell bill. Hope that doesn't happen to you or $50 is going to seem cheap!!!!
    And if you switch to tmobile, you will have to get a new BB because they don't support Push To Talk. Get an 8700g while there.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Why have such an awsome product and now utilize it to its fullest? Get a regular phone and go with that.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not sure, but the Emoze service announced recently may be what you are looking for. Not sure if it supports BB devices or not.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Google and Yahoo both have mobile phone programs for their email services, not sure how they work, you may have to setup forwarding to get it to work though.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Here's how to do it. Setup gmail to forward (and keep) all email to yourphonenumber@messaging.nextel.com (could be .net can't remember). Should work like a charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast