Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok so I have an 8gb microSD card loaded with mp3s ~ around 6.5gbs worth. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Hungover Rover no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I need a better media (music) player

Advertisement

Ok so I have an 8gb microSD card loaded with mp3s ~ around 6.5gbs worth.
    The Blackberry media player takes forever (well over 30 minutes) to load the songs ID3 info in the database. Even waiting a while it seems to stop loading song info. When I load all the songs from the Media player it will list about 700 - half of the amount I have on my card.

I have to resort to using the Explore feature to play the songs in the different folders I made. That seems to do the trick but it only loads your folders and you cant search the ID3 info like you can on the Music player. One other drawback of using the Explore feature is that once you hit the Back key it stops playing the song. In the Music player you can back out of the Now Playing screen to search for different songs while your selection is playing.

Are there any better media (specifically music) players that I can download for the blackberry? I see quite a few out there, but dont have the funds to do trial and error with them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungover Rover View Post
    Ok so I have an 8gb microSD card loaded with mp3s ~ around 6.5gbs worth.
    The Blackberry media player takes forever (well over 30 minutes) to load the songs ID3 info in the database. Even waiting a while it seems to stop loading song info. When I load all the songs from the Media player it will list about 700 - half of the amount I have on my card.

I have to resort to using the Explore feature to play the songs in the different folders I made. That seems to do the trick but it only loads your folders and you cant search the ID3 info like you can on the Music player. One other drawback of using the Explore feature is that once you hit the Back key it stops playing the song. In the Music player you can back out of the Now Playing screen to search for different songs while your selection is playing.

Are there any better media (specifically music) players that I can download for the blackberry? I see quite a few out there, but dont have the funds to do trial and error with them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Yes, there is one out that is by far the best for Blackberry, and we actually had the pleasure of beta spanking I mean testing it here at Pinstack. Just head on over to miutunes.com download the trail, it is worth the cost, but try it first..

Quick2822 Guest
    I also highly recommend MiuTunes.

I lucked out and caught it when they had some coupons to make the cost $13. I would have paid the full amount as well.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Same here, bought Muitunes @ discount due to beta test...I love it -very smooth!

Another tip as far as 8gb sd goes: When I first got my 4gb, I went like a freak and loaded it w/media. Prior to this, my 2gb worked fine...thought it was a card issue, but it was because I forgot to pre-format the card w/my device prior to loading up the media. Media was not showing up and was running slow and erratic. I took all the media and placed on a folder on my desktop, so I would have to find it again, formatted my card and re-loaded...after that no more issues.
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-21-2008 at 04:12 AM.

goelectric no está en línea Stack level 1

FlipSide

A great mp3 player for the Blackberry and the one Blackberry CEO Mike Lazaridis
    uses, is FlipSide - check it out here :- http://flipside.fm

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by goelectric View Post
    A great mp3 player for the Blackberry and the one Blackberry CEO Mike Lazaridis
    uses, is FlipSide - check it out here :- http://flipside.fm
    Yes, Flipside is great also, got it during the Beta Testing and purchased it right after, but then MiuTunes came out and kinda knocked it out the box as far as features are concerned, and for a few dollars more, I would go with MiuTunes.

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    For something less flashy and well free, you can try xplayer. I would also recommend miutunes though.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried the free trial of miutunes. It works great. I decided to purchase it. My only gripe (a small one) is that the mute button on the blackberry stereo headset does not pause my songs. Miutunes will pause when I get/place a call but does resume when the call is done. Anyway its a minor issue I have but Miutunes kicks the blackberry media player's arse.

I tried Xplayer and didn't like it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hmmm that's weird. When I end a call miutunes resumes playing

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    Thats what he was saying it did, it resumed playing after he ended the call. I beta tested Miutunes and it was an EXCELLENT media player, once they come out with video features for it, I will more than likely purchase it. But right now, I am just fine with BB Media Player.

Shimmy

Sorry didn't read that close enough. I'm not really sure why resuming is a problem though. I'm pretty sure every media player I have used does. To each his own I guess.

One feature I don't like is the fade out when you skip to the next song. My thought is that you've decided you don't want to listen to the song, so why should it keep playing longer?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Thanks for your suggestions. I tried the free trial of miutunes. It works great. I decided to purchase it. My only gripe (a small one) is that the mute button on the blackberry stereo headset does not pause my songs. Miutunes will pause when I get/place a call but does resume when the call is done. Anyway its a minor issue I have but Miutunes kicks the blackberry media player's arse.

I tried Xplayer and didn't like it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is your MiuTunes version 2.1.2?

Also, have you done a battery pull?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Is your MiuTunes version 2.1.2?

Also, have you done a battery pull?
    Hi I just reread my previous post and see the confusion, I forgot the "not". My headset does NOT pause/resume when I press the answer button on my headset. It will not resume playback after I get a call/place a call. It will go into voice dualing if I hold the answer button. Miutunes will pause but will not resume after the voice dailing/call is complete.
    I have version 2.12 and I tried a battery pull but got the same results.

My headset does have the pause/resume functions I like when I used the Blackberry media player and xplayer. So I know its not the headset. Are there any particular settings I should use?
    Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie poster/BB owner

PIN/ID
    N/A
    My headset does NOT pause/resume when I press the answer button on my headset.
    Top priority requests (will be implemented as soon as RIM API is made available to third party developers)
    • Mute and volume keys control when MiuTunes application is in background
    • Headset/bluetooth button click to pause/resume playing song
    • Equalizer
    MiuTunes Future Plans & Product Roadmap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast