Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm new to BlackBerry, the Pearl is great, compact and beautiful by design and function. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2

Post I miss Agenda Fusion!!!!

Advertisement

I'm new to BlackBerry, the Pearl is great, compact and beautiful by design and function. I'm coming from a Pocket PC and I was sooooo happy with this program Agenda Fusion, it's an absolutely wonderful product. Click on the name and take a look at it.

If you like the way it looks, CLICK HERE and let them know you'd be interested in a product for BB. Maybe they will consider it if they get enough interest!

I miss that month calendar view like you could never believe, adds categories with different colors in the time bar and even little icons (don't now how poss. that would be on a BB though) so you know whats going on without clicking on it. And this is just one part of many aspects of this program they have done so well!

Thanks for reading!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

I hear ya...looks like a nice program, but while you are waiting for them to create it for the Blackberry, give a try to PocketDay from CrossRiver Systems. I came from a program called Agendus created by Iambic Systems (Palm OS) that was terrific and as it was refined was truly the centerpiece of my smartphone. PocketDay has some visual refining to go through, but it is a solid application and their support is terrific.

Here's the link: http://www.crossriversystems.com/

2ndHalfCor no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've said it before. The calendar is the weakest link on the otherwise elegant and robust BlackBerry. The offerings by third parties on both PalmOS and PPC (and even WM5 Smartphone) are far superior. I also own PocketDay. It is a fine program and a good "Today" application, but as a calendar improvement it leaves a lot to be desired. I think this is a great opportunity for a savvy developer.

I just installed the PocketDay last night and was very exited until I used it. Although it is a very nice program, the calendar doesn't work for me at all.

I work as a Paramedic and therefor have an od schedule. It is important to me to be able to see what days I work in the month view. Turns out I can with the normal BB calendar by simply entering all my work days as "all day events", then it makes the day number bold. It will work for me , otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Just trying to speed up the process of more good developers getting into the RIM platform.

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried PocketDay and was unimpressed. Definately not worth purchasing. I also emailed the developers of Agenda Fusion and they replied that they have no plans to develop this application for the Blackberry. Bummer.
    Mark

Ya, I have e-mailed them as well and received the same reply, that's why I posted this, maybe they will reconsider if they see there is a market for it.

Glad to see that others have mailed them though, shows there is a need for a good program.... *fingers crossed*

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    I Miss Agenda Fusion
    Yeah ... to a limited extent, so do I. Primarily, I miss the simple ability to have Contacts integrated with Email and Schedule, whereby a user can have contacts open, select one, and choose to email from there, or schedule an appointment.

Can anyone say if this is being addressed by RIM, directly, vs 3rd-party software? Anyone using Google Contacts and Calendar and can say if the 2 are integrated for ease of use?

Thanks.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    Yeah ... to a limited extent, so do I. Primarily, I miss the simple ability to have Contacts integrated with Email and Schedule, whereby a user can have contacts open, select one, and choose to email from there, or schedule an appointment.

Can anyone say if this is being addressed by RIM, directly, vs 3rd-party software? Anyone using Google Contacts and Calendar and can say if the 2 are integrated for ease of use?

Thanks.
    I'm not clear about your comment....When I'm in my contacts and I click on any contact, I can call, email, sms, etc to that contact right from the Address book. What I do miss is the link I use to have that would allow appointment scheduling or creating a task that is linked.

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I'm not clear about your comment....When I'm in my contacts and I click on any contact, I can call, email, sms, etc to that contact right from the Address book. What I do miss is the link I use to have that would allow appointment scheduling or creating a task that is linked.
    Yes, you can email to that contact from within Address Book, providing that you already have the email address you want to send to already edited into their contact info. Only other way to do this is to close Contacts and go into email, compose new, and 'Attach Address'. Either that or edit the contact record, and then email, which is simply a clunky way to get the job done. It works, but more integration is expected at this point in the game of development considering competitive options.

Scheduling, just as you said, is severed from the Address Book, which is a huge pain. Linked Tasks and Notes are another serious issue.

Can anyone say if OS 4.2 addresses any of this? TMo 8700G and patiently waiting.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also had Agenda Fusion 8 on my old T-Mobile MDA, loved it! I think the RIN platform is too limited for all that. I also work as a paramedic, and work nights, which makes it even more difficult to find a good calendar, beacuse most calendars list overnight events on both days. Best way for me around it was to reset the start of day, to 1500, and use the week view. The days I work have the green bar, days I am off, don't. It also keeps a lot of other stuff off the view untill I need it. I also have become really fond of the ToDo Matrix from Rexwireless.com. Works great, a little pricey, but worth it. They have a new toolset being released in the end of Jan, which is supposed to feature a calendar overlay, which should work well.

Thanks csa819, I'll keep my eye on Rexwireless and keep my fingers crossed.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I used to have pocketday on my old 7105t, tried the new version for the Pearl, it does have a month view similar to the Agenda Fusion8 month view. But, I deleted off because there were appt's in the device that were not showing up.

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also tried PocketDay and while it is better than the RIM application, it can't compare to Agenda Fusion. It certainly isn't worth the money.
    Mark

BBToronto no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I miss Agenda Fusion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YMark
    I tried PocketDay and was unimpressed. Definately not worth purchasing. I also emailed the developers of Agenda Fusion and they replied that they have no plans to develop this application for the Blackberry. Bummer.
    I'm not impressed with PocketDay. Nice application with Today function but Calendar view is not that great.

I just emailed Agenda Fusion... I guess I won't wait for their answer....sigh

Maybe I will send link to this thread to PocketDay folks... they might consider improving PocketDay or release something else.

regor99 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: I miss Agenda Fusion!!!!

I think its time we got Agendus for Blackberry.

Go to the forum at Iambic and reply on the thread there about Agendus for Blackberry.

We will only get it if there is enough demand. So stop complaining about the lack of software and start doing something. Are you a crackberry or not ? Well then - take the 5 minutes and go and badger the boys at Iambic!

BTW I'm getting steam up on this so beware!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast