I just noticed this after having Google Maps 2.1 for about a month now, and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I Just Noticed This!

Advertisement

I just noticed this after having Google Maps 2.1 for about a month now, and am not sure if this has been mentioned in the Stacks. I've read 2 threads and couldn't find it.

But I put in a restaurant into Google Maps to find it's phone number and put it in my address book. I accidently scrolled right and switched to details.

Now I've used details on 2.0 and it only pulled up the hours of operation of the restaurant, no big deal, never had the purpose to do it again... but did it by accident on 2.1 and got the hours, restaurant type, Healthcode violations, FDA score, type of food served (American/Mexican/Thai, etc), price range, and a link to it's menu items.

Now I don't know if this is anything new, everyone may be like "Big Deal Justyn, version 1.3 did that!" But I've never seen it, let alone on 2.0

Just thought I'd share it...
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Thx. 4 sharing...if any comfort, I did not know...I'll have to explore. THX!

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    i never knew that....that is a big deal Justyn.lol....

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    yeah, that's awesome, thanks for the post!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Yes, that's a cool feature. If you look at the top of the window you will notice you just slid over into the details tab.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    from wut i see, it only helps with major restaurants....i tried a little spanish spot around my way and 1-i couldnt find it and 2- the ones i did find that were similar didnt show any of that stuff on details

but i did try red lobster and it is very impressive how the details worked on that...very cool

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    From what Im seeing it is pulling up all the small local spots I frequent. The details page looks like its from the Zagat survey. But so far its picking up every spot I like in NYC.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    Big Deal Justyn, version 1.3 did that! (j/k) The real crunchy goodness is in 2.2 with mass transit schedules. All I can say is wow! I took an hour and a half trip (each way) last weekend just to try it out. Way cool.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Acually "Details" bring up all kinds of information. Its not standard across the board... but its useful.