This doesn't affect me now but I was wondering how it's done. I own a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

larry44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to transfer purchased programs if upgrading to new model?

Advertisement

This doesn't affect me now but I was wondering how it's done. I own a VZW 8130 and have downloaded and paid the registration fees for several 3rd-party software programs. Many of the programs are keyed to the PIN of my 8130.

What happens if I choose to upgrade to a Curve or to the rumored version of 90xx whenever it's released? Can I still use my purchased software? Will it transfer with Desktop Manager? Do I need to contact the developer?

Thanks for any help!

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would say contact the developer and see if there is a way to transfer them. Were they OTA or d/l to your PC then installed? If you paid for them, in your profile on the website, is there a way to update your PIN? I now for JiveTalk you have to repurchase it if you didn't buy the package that allows for transferring. Not sure about other applications.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

larry44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Boy...that was fast! Some of them are OTA and some PC installed. Most requested the PIN number and some gave a registration number after accepting payment. Is it possible that those with a registration number will transfer while those requiring a PIN will need to be first approved or modified by the developer?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    That's what I did when tranfering 3rd party apps from my 8130 to my 8830.contact the developer and let them know what device you have, pin#, product order#, registration key #, etc...and they will let you download it again without being charged.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Cgaliffi is right. I have done this with numerous apps because I upgrade often and I have never had an issue with getting a new registration code or download link from the developer.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE