Hi All, Does anyone know how to properly view attachments (i.e. words docs, excel files, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

timastyle no está en línea Stack level 2

How to view email attachments properly...

Advertisement

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to properly view attachments (i.e. words docs, excel files, and PDF's) received through an email? I do not need anything to edit the files, just view them. When opening attachments, I view full images of PDF's and am able to read them well, but when I open excel or word files and try to view them as full images, they do not enlarge to the legible size. Once it has opened to a full image, I try the zoom option, but it only gets blurry.

Is there any free software out for just viewing the files or do I need to buy a third party software? If I need to buy a software, what do you recommend?

Also, I have been reading on other posts that with BB OS v4.3, it includes a "documents to go" software that is supposed to be able to do what I'm looking for, but haven't found that OS anywhere. I have a Pearl and when I go to T-Mobile's website for the most current OS, it is v4.2.1.107, which is what I have. I have seen the Desktop Manager with v4.3. Is that where I can find the "documents to go" software?

Your help is much appreciated.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hey timastyle...There is an application called Beamberry but it's not free, it's a yearly subscription. I'm not familiar with "documents to go" although I know that the 4.3 includes it, You seem to have a fairly new OS (.107), you can try to search for your carriers latest OS HERE.

HERE is another thread that might be of some help.

Beamberry is the only product/app that I've heard can be used for your specific purpose, maybe someone else can help you further if the info I provided isn't exactly what you're looking for.

timastyle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Beeshabo - thanks for the help. I looked at the link you sent me regarding the most current OS for my phone. I have T-Mobile and it says the most current one is .174; however, when looking on T-Mobile's site, it says the most current is .107.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but what difference does it make what OS you have from carrier to carrier?

As far as the software goes, I will do the 10-day trial of the beamberry and see if it fits my needs. I see that a 1-4 users it cost $50. Do they supply you with a product key that you need to enter in there to be able to support multiple users? How does the software track the number of users? Does it track with the PIN? If so, what happens if a phone is replaced? Would I need to buy the software again?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    timastyle..Maybe TMO hasn't released .174 !?!
    and I'm not sure what the difference is (if any) from carrier to carrier regarding the OS.

Well if you go through the trial and you wanna subscribe to the software, I believe they track the users using the PIN or the IMEI #. If you replace the phone, your best bet is to contact the company, some don't allow transferring to a new device, but most do.