How the heck to do stop this (the RIM push service provided by accuweather) program ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

How to turn BB push weather OFF!!!!

Advertisement

How the heck to do stop this (the RIM push service provided by accuweather) program from automatically pushing weather data to my device every day or so?? There is no physical application on my device to delete, and I have clicked "I do not accept" multiple times on the terms and acceptance page. This application totally sucks, and I want it off my phone NOW. Deleting the browser channel doesnt work either, the next time the push data comes in it gets reinstalled. Please help!
    Last edited by wifi4milez; 09-11-2007 at 09:45 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: How to turn BB push weather OFF!!!!

If you open up your browser, go to the bookmarks, open the Browser Channels tab and you should see the weather program there. Then delete it and you should be all set.

Ok, so under the Browser Channels setting I see a little globe icon that shows the temperature and my location. Are you saying I should simply delete this?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez
    Ok, so under the Browser Channels setting I see a little globe icon that shows the temperature and my location. Are you saying I should simply delete this?
    That's the one.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

That will not work. You have to specifically go back to the BB site, get past that "I do not agree" thing and SPECIFICALLY find the page where you can unsubscribe to the service. Otherwise, bookmarks and icons simply come back on the next push.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    That will not work. You have to specifically go back to the BB site, get past that "I do not agree" thing and SPECIFICALLY find the page where you can unsubscribe to the service. Otherwise, bookmarks and icons simply come back on the next push.
    You are unfortunately correct. I deleted the bookmark as the last poster mentioned, and then about an hour ago I got a new "prompt" that push content was "attempting" to update my cached content. I have clicked "I do not agree" 20 times and this keeps happening. Where do I find the page that lets me unsubscribe?? I have checked everywhere and I cant locate it. This service totally sucks, please help me figure out how to get it off my phone!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Okay, just for you, I signed up for Push Weather so that I could show you how to get rid of it. That will be one beer, please.

First off, I was unclear with my original post. While I did say to "get past the 'I do not agree' thing", I could have worded it better and said to get past it by agreeing.

Anyways, I agreed and set up my push weather.

Now, to unsubscribe (i.e. get rid of it), I have to go back there. So now I go back and click "I Agree".

THEN, you should see a screen like this:

As you can see, I've highlighted the word "Delete". I think you can handle the rest.

Good luck!
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Ok great! I did the same and deleted the service. It said I was am longer subscribed, so hopefully it is gone forever. Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks Klotar. It's been a long time since I've deleted one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Thanks Klotar. It's been a long time since I've deleted one of those.
    Good riddance as far as I am concerned. Do you happen to know of a weather app that displays live weather data as an icon on the homescreen? I dont mean an icon that you click on and it takes you to a weather page or weather app. I am talking about an icon that is updated in realtime, on the homescreen, that shows the current temp and perhaps a small (cloud, sun, rain, etc) picture. I used to have something like this on my pocket pc phones and it was awesome. Is there anything like this for BB?? I cant be the only person that wants something like this!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I used to have Journal Bar. It's a program that shows weather, stocks, news, etc.: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=176818. The main icon shows live temps. They have a trial if you want to give it a go.

I used to have Journal Bar. It's a program that shows weather, stocks, news, etc.: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=176818. The main icon shows live temps. They have a trial if you want to give it a go.
    Interesting! So you are saying the main icon on the homescreen shows the temp without having to click on it?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez
    Interesting! So you are saying the main icon on the homescreen shows the temp without having to click on it?
    Yes. Try out the trial to see what you think.

Yes. Try out the trial to see what you think.
    Any idea if that can be downloaded OTA?