Hey all, Second post Been lurking for a while now, having got my blackberry on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

andy_mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

How does AvantGo work!?

Advertisement

Hey all,

Second post

Been lurking for a while now, having got my blackberry on Sunday. Loving it!

My question is; how exactly does an AvantGo sync work? Is the data deemed by your network provider to be "internet data", and thus come under my £0.85 /mb charge?

I ask because, like others, I seem to have been stung by Carphonewarehouse / O2's "unlimited" data plan, which actually only covers e-mail. Despite saying it covers internet! If I'm right in what I'm saying above, then I'll just sign up to a news website that e-mails the headlines; that way it'll be free.

Used to have AvantGo for my Palm, and loved it, but I don't want to be downloading 10's of mb's every month if it's costing lots.

Thanks all! Hopefully I don't sound cheap, but right now my bb plan (ex. insurance, and my other phone contract that hasn't run out yet) is costing me $90, and I'm buggered if I'm giving them anymore!

andy.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How does AvantGo work!?

I am not sure, but I would guess if its not an email in your email box it is using internet data not email data.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

andy_mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Melissa, I thought as much but hoped I was wrong.

We'll just wait until the first bill comes out, lol

andy.

skypilot no está en línea Stack level 1

Ive used AvantGo for a couple years now and have just switched to a bb pearl. With my other phones AvantGo was downloadable with a sync to my computer. I've had sync cables that also act as chargers so anytime I sync/charge my phone it would automatically update my AvantGo pages. Recently with their newest sync software I believe they have gone to OTA sync. However, I am still using an earlier version of their sync software and it is still functioning only when I sync to my computer. The only drawback to that is that some information doesn't get updated but once a day where with my bb I can update anytime. IF you use t-mobile and have their bb package updating is not an issue because it is included in the cost.