I might be sending back my Curve and need to delete it to make it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

How do you delete stuff on the Blackberry

Advertisement

I might be sending back my Curve and need to delete it to make it brand new. How do I do that? In other words restore it to factory settings.

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How do you delete stuff on the Blackberry

use .. surewipe
    www.mobylo.com

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Mobylo! SureWipe is designed to remove applications that do no uninstall properly. I believe that you are looking to remove any user data as well. From http://blackberryblog.com/tips/

"From the ribbon, select the 'Options' menu, proceed to the 'Security' option and then make sure that the 'Password' option is enabled. Choose 'Save' using the scroll wheel. When your Blackberry locks, enter the incorrect password ten times in a row. After doing so all the data on the handheld will be deleted."

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

I believe surewipe can delete just everything ..isn't it that way?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    Mobylo! SureWipe is designed to remove applications that do no uninstall properly. I believe that you are looking to remove any user data as well. From http://blackberryblog.com/tips/

"From the ribbon, select the 'Options' menu, proceed to the 'Security' option and then make sure that the 'Password' option is enabled. Choose 'Save' using the scroll wheel. When your Blackberry locks, enter the incorrect password ten times in a row. After doing so all the data on the handheld will be deleted."
    Once you are in the Security section you can also just choose Wipe Handheld, type in "blackberry" and select OK.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Once you are in the Security section you can also just choose Wipe Handheld, type in "blackberry" and select OK.
    That's even easier! From the device Options, select Security Options -> General Settings. Wipe Handheld is in the dropdown menu.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Just by reinstalling the os you are restoring factory settings just don't backup anything. It has happened to me ance or twice, there's nothing there except voicemail number.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks. I didn't know it was that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    Just by reinstalling the os you are restoring factory settings just don't backup anything. It has happened to me ance or twice, there's nothing there except voicemail number.