Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had my BB for quite awhile. After an exhaustive search the first few ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

How Did I Miss This?...Greatest Progam Ever...And It's FREE

Advertisement

I have had my BB for quite awhile. After an exhaustive search the first few days I had it and susequently on a weekly basis, I thought I had found every great program and all that I wanted or needed(especially the free ones-haha). Ahhh, but I was wrong. Sunday night while downloading some games and stuff to try from getjar.com based on N8's recos, I decided to download Pocket Express, mostly for the free sports function. I have seen and heard of the program before, and I'm not 100% sure why I passed it over before(I think I never really read a description and thought I knew what it was and already had something similar that I loved). But WOW, what a mistake. I tried it out Monday morning, and I have to say, it is quite possibly the best app for the Blackberry, free or not(which it is for any that don't know). If you don't already have it, you don't know what you're missing. Go download it right now!(Go. Now. Do it. I'll wait wap.getjar.com from your BB). You will not be disappointed. And if you do have it(which I suspect a lot of you do) leave your feedback: good, bad, or indifferent. I give my personal kudos and thanks to Handmark(who makes it) for a job VERY well done. Best freakin app ever!!!

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: How Did I Miss This?...Greatest Progam Ever...And It's FREE

I love PE.. sometimes i have issues with it locking bb up, but that's not really PE's problem just that i notice it only happens when I have pocket express open and i get messages or bbmessenger at same time.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh yeah!! It is a FANTASTIC program!! I have been using it for almost 3 years (on different devices) & it never ceases to amaze me. I use the "Find A Business" all the time. I love how you can add the result to your contacts. Well worth the money.

http://express.handmark.com/

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    Oh yeah!! It is a FANTASTIC program!! I have been using it for almost 3 years (on different devices) & it never ceases to amaze me. I use the "Find A Business" all the time. I love how you can add the result to your contacts. Well worth the money.

http://express.handmark.com/
    Thanks for the direct link!

http://news.thomasnet.com/companystory/497006

Press Release Handmark Inc.
    Release date: October 23, 2006

Handmark® Wins MobileVillage Mobile Star Awards in Five Categories

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (23 October 2006) - Handmark®, creator of the best mobile infotainment experience, today announced that it has won two Gold and three Silver Mobile Star Awards(TM) from MobileVillage®, the 14-year leader in market development and news services about mobile technology. The awards honor Pocket Express(TM) and the wireless industry leadership of August Grasis III, CEO of Handmark.

The fifth annual Mobile Star Awards(TM) aim to honor and promote the best companies, products, deployments, and leaders in mobile and wireless technology. Winners are chosen by subscribers to Go Mobile®, MobileVillage's free online newsletter sent to technology executives, mobile professionals, IT managers, developers, and top tech journalists.

Handmark awards include:

o Personal Software: Educational/Reference: Gold Star: Handmark - Pocket Express

o Visionary: Consumer Mobile Software: Gold Star: August Grasis, CEO & founder, Handmark

o Personal Software: Entertainment [non-game]: Silver Star: Handmark - Pocket Express

o Personal Software: Web Content Provider: Silver Star: Handmark - Pocket Express

o Visionary: Wireless Services: Silver Star: August Grasis, CEO & founder, Handmark

"The Mobile Star Awards program has grown along with the mobile industry," says MobileVillage Editor Gary Thayer. "This year we saw hundreds of entries in about 60 categories, and nearly 1,000 people took the time to cast votes. The Mobile Star Awards are unique in that the judges are Go Mobile® readers. These people have a great knowledge of mobile products and success stories, and eager to share that knowledge with the world."

Pocket Express wireless service delivers free news, sports, and weather, plus other subscription services including stock quotes, street maps and turn-by-turn directions, movie reviews and show times, the New Oxford American Dictionary, 411 directory search, and more. Pocket Express is available on BlackBerry, Palm Treo, motorola Q and other Windows Mobile wireless handhelds as well as MOTORAZR, MOTOPEBL, and MOTOSLVR.

Upgrading your mobile phone experience with Pocket Express is easy. Use your phone as a phone, just call 877-796-3669, it's completely automated and you'll receive a text message with a one-click download link1. If you're at your desktop, go to www.pocketexpress.com for other install options. If you're tired of wasting time with a mobile browser, don't wait any longer. You're ready for the Pocket Express experience.

August Grasis III is a 20-year software industry veteran who has been responsible for the development of over 30 commercial software programs and sale of more than one million software packages through virtually all channels to consumers and businesses. Under Grasis' leadership, Handmark has grown to become a global leader in the development and distribution of mobile content solutions. The company's success is reflected in the broad adoption of Pocket Express with mobile customers and wireless carriers, a service that has received numerous accolades since its introduction in 2004.

A list of winners in each of this year's award categories is posted at http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm.

About Handmark® Handmark is a global leader in the development and distribution of mobile content solutions. Pocket Express wireless on-device portal service offers consumer-friendly access to news, reference and infotainment content on mobile phones as well as BlackBerry, Palm Treo, MOTORAZR, motorola Q(TM) and other Windows Mobile wireless handhelds. The company holds key mobile content distribution patents including Java-based push technology for wireless devices; has technology and distribution relationships with CNN International, The Associated Press, Oxford University Press, Hasbro, MobiTV, TV Guide, JAMDAT Mobile and Zagat Survey as well as all major U.S. mobile operators; and dominates the market for mobile software sold through retail channels. Handmark has R&D facilities in Gothenburg, Sweden; Kansas City, Mo.; and Dallas, Texas, with sales offices in Kansas City; San Francisco; Stockholm, Sweden; and London. For more information, visit http://www.handmark.com.

About MobileVillage® A pioneer in developing the enterprise mobile technology market since 1993, MobileVillage® / PDA Inc. is a market and solutions development company dedicated to advancing mobile and wireless enterprise computing within select vertical and horizontal market segments. The company has fostered countless technical and professional alliances through conferences; news; product promotions and awards; and "Best of Breed" solution identification. Visit MobileVillage online at www.mobilevillage.com.

Eric Haar Editorial and Media Relations Manager Handmark, Inc. Tools & Toys for a Mobile Generation Visit us online at http://www.handmark.com Company Information:
    Name: Handmark Inc.
    Address: 105 East 5th Street #201
    City: Kansas City
    State: MO
    ZIP: 64106
    Phone: 303-480-9823
    http://www.handmark.com

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: How Did I Miss This?...Greatest Progam Ever...And It's FREE

Awesome program, just got it& works great so far on the BB 7290!!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~exciter, thanks for the info. Well deserved in my opinion.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

wow! this program is great!!! question though - when i open some of the parts within the program (stocks, info, etc), it says something about "trial account"...

how long is this trial account and how much is it for the service?

The news, weather & sports is free. The rest of the services are available for free for 2 weeks. After that you must purchase a subscription. It is $6.99 a month or $69.90 per year. If that is a little pricey for you, I would suggest keeping an eye out on all the Palm software sites & watch for specials. I have never paid full price. I usually get it at 50% off.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

other than handango.com, do you suggest any other website to keep checking for these deals. i would LOVE to have the full capability of pocket express but definitely can't afford to spend $70 on it!

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    other than handango.com, do you suggest any other website to keep checking for these deals. i would LOVE to have the full capability of pocket express but definitely can't afford to spend $70 on it!
    Even though they sell Palm software, Palmgear.com is a great place to get Pocket Express on sale. Sign up for "Receive Special Offers & Promotions" in the left hand column of their site. That is where I got it for 50% off.

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    Even though they sell Palm software, Palmgear.com is a great place to get Pocket Express on sale. Sign up for "Receive Special Offers & Promotions" in the left hand column of their site. That is where I got it for 50% off.
    I can't find Pocket Express on the Palmgear web site. Even did a search. Do you have a link for it?

Quote Originally Posted by YMark
    I can't find Pocket Express on the Palmgear web site. Even did a search. Do you have a link for it?
    You are right. It isn't there. I did purchase it there about 6 months ago. I think for the first few years, they sold it through other channels to get their name out there. Perhaps now it is only available exclusively through Handmark.

blacroc no está en línea Stack level 1

just downloaded this app and can't get past page one on my BB-Pearl.

help! Newbie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

blacroc, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with pocket express, but I'm sure someone that can will be along. May not be right away as it is the weekend. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast