We would welcome any suggestions on how wisespent can be improved.... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Wisespent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2026F049

How can we improve wisespent?

Advertisement

We would welcome any suggestions on how wisespent can be improved.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have an IPAQ HX 4705 with Microsoft Pocket Money. Everytime I sync my pda to my laptop, it automatically updates my Microsoft Money. That is a great feature AND Pocket Money is the ONLY reason I now keep my PDA.

I know you are working on a sync feature and if you succeed, I strongly believe you will have a TON of purchases! It's great to have an electronic register on me and sometimes I forget to grab my PDA but never forget to grab my BB. I am very much looking forward to your upcoming upgrades.

drjmpc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400A0FDE

Wisespent

GUI and Syncing are HUGE.

In particular the syncing. Support for Quicken, Quickbooks & Microsoft Money is very important to me.

I purchased my 7520 for the specific purpose of secure, robust email as well as being able to track my expenses (at some point). I was very disappointed when I found out that the expense tracking applications for blackberry don't have sync capabilities.

So my thoughts are this:

Remember that many blackberry users are responsible for more than just themselves at home and at work. This means that Quick Books must be included in the equation with the other two programs that dominate the market
    Extraordinary must be ordinary

Wisespent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2026F049
    Thanks for the suggestions we are currently working on a desktop sync (windows only sorry mac users)

The desktop utility is not just a plan it's already started and we hope to have a beta out sometime next month.

The plan is to be able to export transactions from your BB to your desktop and then either export to various formats. We are also looking to see weather it is possible to import from the utility to other applications.

Quicken - The latest version of quicken does not support QIF files you can only import into quicken if you are a financal institution. And at the moment there is no way round this however the QIF import would work on earlier versions.

Quickbooks - Until today i had never heard of this, is it available for windows? If it is then we will investigate this.

Keep the suggestions coming

PIN/ID
    400A0FDE
    Quick books is a more Robust version of Quicken for Small Businesses.

It is really designed for bookeepers or internal accountants to handle day-to-day bookeeping as well as larger-scale reporting.

The business management features of Quicken are more for individuals who's household finances could be easily co-mingled with business finances if one is not careful.

For example, sole proprietorships such as a small web-based business or a mobile detailing service, are enterpises that you're likely to run in conjuction with a daytime job. It makes sense that you should want to separate them for tax purposes, but no one wants to remember a ton of different passwords to look at your personal Ameritrade Apex account and your business cashflow. Quicken Home and Business will allow you to do all of that and more in one place.

However, if you have 30 employees, payroll, benefits, and taxes then QuickBooks makes much more sense because it can handle more and is going to be accessed by more than just the principal owner.

PIN/ID
    400A0FDE