Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I read a while ago a article that told you how you could copy games ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ShimmyShine no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436DAB7

how?

Advertisement

I read a while ago a article that told you how you could copy games from your phone to your computer.. But I can't find it, does anyone know where its at?

Thanks.

Shimmy

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    The program is javaloader. it took me a few hours in order to find out how to do this but it does work. Javaloader saves the game as a .cod file. When you want to add the game to the phone again just use javaloader again. Here is my command line to get it to save and load...

"C:\javaloader.exe -usb save XXXXXXXXXX"
    XXXXXXXXXX" is the name of the module or game

"C:\javaloader.exe -usb load XXXXXXXX.cod"
    when loading the game back on you need to put a .cod on the end of it.

SPECIAL NOTES: dont use the " " that i have and make sure that you have the .cod in the same folder as javaloader when loading the game back on your phone.

In order to find the exact name of the module, go into OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>APPLICATIONS> -hit menu button and then modules-

You have to have the EXACT file name of the module. Case Sensitive!

This can be done with any app or theme. NOTICE! please use this method only to backup your own stuff. DONT DISTRIBUTE !!! most of the apps/games are tied to your PIN anyways.

let me know if you need help k.
    Last edited by Rhokk222; 04-16-2008 at 09:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    Where do I download "Javaloader.exe"?

Shimmy

PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    try this link...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

It is JL Commander which is just a nifty front end for using javaloader. Note that javaloader is a DOS program.

After installing it just go to start on your desktop and click run. Type in cmd and hit enter. Then navigate to your install folder using DOS commands. Once there, just type "javaloader -usb save XXXXXXXX" or "javaloader -usb load XXXXXXX.cod"

If your not experienced in DOS at all just PM me and I'll make you a personal shortcut and send it to you so that once clicked, you will be right where you need to start backing up.

MORE NOTES: forgot to add this but make sure you dont have BlackBerry Desktop Manager running when you use this program or javaloader wont work.

PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    Thanks for the shortcut, works perfectly!

Shimmy

(Had to use it to backup my Sims2 game! Works awesome!!!)

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You do not need the ALX files that generally come with the desktop installations??

If an app has multiple COD files, if you save them ALL and then reload them all, the application will work again??

This even works with programs that were installed OTA?

PIN/ID
    2436DAB7
    Yes it works even on games youve downloaded OTA..

Shimmy

PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You do not need the ALX files that generally come with the desktop installations??

If an app has multiple COD files, if you save them ALL and then reload them all, the application will work again??

This even works with programs that were installed OTA?

With the BlackBerry Desktop Manager you DO need the ALX files. However when you use Javaloader you don't need this file. It only requires a .cod file. Additionally you can make a ALX and load it up with the BB DM. There is many different options and all have their ups and downs.

If it has multiple COD files then you have to save all of them when backing up and load all of them when putting the app/game back on your phone.

This will work with OTA and is primarily used just for OTA because BB DM won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    Thanks for the shortcut, works perfectly!

Shimmy

(Had to use it to backup my Sims2 game! Works awesome!!!)
    Glad it works and you got a backup! I updated my OS on my Pearl and lost a few games so its always good to backup your stuff!

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You could just use the DM and create a backup of only 3rd party apps.

PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    You could just use the DM and create a backup of only 3rd party apps.

When I use the BB DM, I am not seeing anywhere that I can backup only 3rd party apps. I start it up and go into Backup and Restore and every option on the right that I click dosn't give me a 3rd party backup option. I am using the latest DM which is 4.3.0.17.

The backups that I can do in BB DM are only around 600kb to 700kb which seems a little small since I have TONS of apps/games that are on my phone.

If I am doing something wrong let me know but the method I use with javaloader gives me peace of mind as I can see my individual apps/games and can load up what I want and when I want.
    Last edited by Rhokk222; 04-17-2008 at 04:13 PM.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Its different than I remember In the DM under Switch Device you can do a backup for switching third party apps. The Backup file is located for default in my docs. with the date it was made.
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 04-17-2008 at 04:22 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks Rhokk222, this was very helpful, I think I've read about doing it this way before but just didn't get it. Thanks for the shortcut too! Now I have a backup of one of my favorite themes which was only available OTA and is now discontinued....so huge thanks.......I will make lots of use of this!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I did find one negative though, if you run the application loader in DM, it erases the files added with javaloader as unrecognized so then they have to be reloaded via javaloader again. Still better than losing the files forever though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    azstar... there is a fix for this negative. let me explain... if you use Javaloader to "load" your app/game back to your phone, it wont be listed under "applications" in your blackberry. This also makes BB DM want to delete it when using application loader.

The trick is to make your own .alx for that particular .cod. Doing this will enable you to use the BB DM to load the app/game on your phone instead of using javaloader to load it back up. This also lists the app/game under "applications" on you blackberry and corrects the problem of the BB DM wanting to delete said app/game upon doing the "application loader".

That all said the next step is for me to do a full write up on everything. Give me a day and I will make a complete "How-To" on backing up all 3rd party apps/games on your blackberry. How to make your own .alx file will be included. I believe someone already made a simple program that auto makes this file based on the .cod. I will have to do a search... give me a little bit and I will have this for everyone!
    ...always tinkering...

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Does it work with pre installed or default programs?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast