Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

27865. About halfway through the second round of levels.... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Highest Score on Brickbreaker?

Advertisement

27865. About halfway through the second round of levels.

puckhead no está en línea Stack level 1

whoooo! just passed 1 million points. (325 lives left)

ps. marcias: level 16 is a killer (unless you get a catch, long or gun). level 17 just has 9 bricks in a block at the top right, but there's a bit of a donkey-kong maze to get up to them. kinda like this (not sure if the ascii will work - the dots are spacers)

xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    ---------------------------------------- . . . |
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
    . . . ----------------------------------------|
    --------------------------------------- . . . .|
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . --o-- . . . . . . . . . . |
    Last edited by puckhead; 08-15-2007 at 03:44 PM.

ARB2007 no está en línea Stack level 1

one of the only ways to go through the level that has a lot of solid bricks (forming an L shape) without losing too many lives is to have the Gun (as most posts recommend). But i have never had the gun power-up result in that level.

Any thoughts?

ARB2007

ArtSmart no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm now at 19120. I keep getting to level 34, and then the ball disappears which makes the game unplayable beyond that. See: youtube dot com slash watch?v=_qnuC9R5WYQ (can't post URLs yet, so you'll have to figure it out). I show two examples of getting stuck at level 34, but can't advance due to their software 4.2 glitch. I even show a smoking gun of the ball disappearing. It's at timecode 2:31. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

kingofdasouth no está en línea Stack level 2

I keep getting stuck on lovel 16 but my highest score was 10,560 points. I was hyped just to break the 10,000 range.
    Kingofdasouth

Quote Originally Posted by ArtSmart
    I'm now at 19120. I keep getting to level 34, and then the ball disappears which makes the game unplayable beyond that. See: youtube dot com slash watch?v=_qnuC9R5WYQ (can't post URLs yet, so you'll have to figure it out). I show two examples of getting stuck at level 34, but can't advance due to their software 4.2 glitch. I even show a smoking gun of the ball disappearing. It's at timecode 2:31. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
    you can't send the ball up there when there is a "half of a space" at the top. You need to bounce it a couple of times on the bottom wall first, until the bricks take two steps down. That goes for not just level 34, but any level where there are blocks or bricks at the top that will start coming down. that's why I prefer playing the 2nd or 3 time through, because at least you know the bricks are coming down right away, so can plan around it.

Dude, I can't believe you made a doumentary about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ARB2007
    one of the only ways to go through the level that has a lot of solid bricks (forming an L shape) without losing too many lives is to have the Gun (as most posts recommend). But i have never had the gun power-up result in that level.

Any thoughts?

ARB2007

a CATCH makes the level easiest for me, followed by a LONG, and then the GUN.
    which bricks do you (or anyone) shoot when you get the gun? I just take out the three in the middle, so I can get at the bricks from both sides. I still prefer to get them from the top, just use the bottom for emergencies or towards the end of the level.

Quote Originally Posted by puckhead
    you can't send the ball up there when there is a "half of a space" at the top. You need to bounce it a couple of times on the bottom wall first, until the bricks take two steps down. That goes for not just level 34, but any level where there are blocks or bricks at the top that will start coming down. that's why I prefer playing the 2nd or 3 time through, because at least you know the bricks are coming down right away, so can plan around it.

Dude, I can't believe you made a doumentary about this.
    Dude, what do you do if the ball is already heading upwards, and THEN the crevice appears? How do you stop the ball from going into the crevice? Please advise. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtSmart
    Dude, what do you do if the ball is already heading upwards, and THEN the crevice appears? How do you stop the ball from going into the crevice? Please advise. Thanks.
    Dude (OK, i'll stop now) once the space appears you are done for. You need to bounce the ball along the bottom for a while until the bricks steps down once, then your next shot can go up the right side. After the first time through the levels its actually easier to judge, as the bricks step down right away. so you only need one extra bounce before sending it up the side.

ggold248 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~use missiles to knock out the silver blocks when possible. Shoot the laser only when safe. Do not risk missing the bee bee by using laser beam as You do not gain any More points. If I don't get over 700 on the first level, I just start over. Sometimes I keep restarting until I get life. On first level, I start by shooting bee bee all the way over to the right side wall. Good luck everyone. One of these days its going to slip out of my hands and fall in the toilet accidently!

tblangan no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ is there any brickbreaker cheats cause I can't pass 9880

adina457 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) ~I'm at 16640, level 31. I agree this game is so addicting! Hope to get through the first round soon! Good luck all!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggold248
    ~ Shoot the laser only when safe. Do not risk missing the bee bee by using laser beam as You do not gain any More points.
    I think that's wrong. you get 10pts normally for hitting a brick, but with a laser you get 10 points each time a laser hits a brick. as it takes 2 lasers to damage a brick, you actually get double the points using the laser.

Infact, if there are a lot of bricks left, I will not take a 'catch' or a 'long', because I can get a heck of a lot more points using the laser than getting the 50 points per power-up.

NightflyWJAZ no está en línea Stack level 1

I got up to 11640 after three months but then I realized it will just wear out my trackball after the time. Brilliant strategy on RIM's part!!

I'm now at 30,840. Every time I get near to breaking my personal best, that *&$# worm hole screws me to the wall. I'm utterly pi$$ed at RIM for not fixing that BrickBreaker bug in its last software rev. I even got to level 20 the second time around, and the stupid ball disappeared ... again!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast