Hello, looking for some help. I recently installed ScanR onto my bb Curve and paid ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jennandmacie@ya no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help with BB Curve & ScanR

Advertisement

Hello, looking for some help. I recently installed ScanR onto my bb Curve and paid the year fee for unlimited uploads. The problem is that even though ScanR says the curve is supported (and it appears as though a # of bb users have downloaded it), it doesn't seem to work for me. When I go into the app and take a pic - of a biz card, for example, it says 1 of the two things:

1. error processing picture please take again
    or
    2. requires 1 megapixel or greater... basically the resolution is off? I have it set on 1600x1200.

Any thoughts or suggestions??? I would greatly appreciate the help.

k_scanr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello!

I'm Kimberly, with scanR support.
    It sounds like there may be two issues here. The next time you see the first message, note how many applications are open. If there are several, scanR might be running out of memory.

For the resolution, check the options menu when on the view finder window within the scanR application (rather than setting it through the normal camera application settings). If "Picture Size" there really is 1600X1200, would you drop us a note with the image you take? It should be saved to your device. Our address is help@scanr.com.

If it turns out that memory space is an issue, you can also set the picture quality to "Fine" instead of "Superfine." That will lower the file size a bit, and speed up uploads, as well.

jennandmacie@ya no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Thank you..but now....

it keeps telling me that the picture must be greater than 1 megapixel in size and states that all the ones I take are less than that. I set the settings to fine from super fine and the "size" is set at 1600x1200. if I hit the menu key within the application rather than the camera mode the only choices it gives me is to close the app, help, or buy scanR. Is it possible it doesn't think I paid for it? Although I can't see why that would matter that my pictures that I take are less than 1 megpixel in size. Please help. If I get this working right I know a lot of other people (seriously, A LOT) who would be very interested in purchasing this. Thanks in advance. Jenna