So, I maintain a Google calendar, and a calendar on my desktop (stand alone, not ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bbfogie no está en línea Stack level 2

Help/question re Google Sync of Google Calendar and Outlook

Advertisement

So, I maintain a Google calendar, and a calendar on my desktop (stand alone, not enterprise) in Outlook 2003. I downloaded Google Sync, and it works great to sync a Pearl (on Verizon) with the Google Calendar. Also, I have no trouble connecting the Pearl to the desktop manager to sync the device calendar with Outlook.

However, for some reason, only some of the changes I make in Outlook, all which show on the device after a sync, do not make it to the online Google Calendar. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and have a solution? It seems to me that once the change is made to the device, no matter how it's made (i.e., direct input or via desktop manager), those changes should eventually show up on the online Google calendar.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Help/question re Google Sync of Google Calendar and Outlook

I think google syncs entries made directly to the BB. I am having the same issue

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Goggle will not sync an entry made on Outlook, synced to the BB via BB Desktop manager. One work around is a 3rd party app called gSyncit.

It will sync Outlook to your Google Calendar (works in the background). It is frustrating but it looks like Google isn't going to prove a freebie solution for BIS users.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    Goggle will not sync an entry made on Outlook, synced to the BB via BB Desktop manager. One work around is a 3rd party app called gSyncit.

It will sync Outlook to your Google Calendar (works in the background). It is frustrating but it looks like Google isn't going to prove a freebie solution for BIS users.
    That's BS. I'm surprised they haven't addressed this given how many people use Outlook.

Here's a follow up question. If I export my Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, will those new entries in the Google Calendar wirelessly sync?